Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
25 Jan 2023 03:21 #262851 by RogEnk
Got my second STLink today and followed instructions from here (for those like me who are novices at this!):
hackaday.io/project/162597-st-link-clone-repurposing
Substituted the bin files for those that Scott provided, I did this on a Mac so used open-ocd.

STLink presented itself as ‘Maintenance’ as promised after the first flash, however 2nd flash (copying the 2nd bin file to the drive) resulted in same name for the drive when it reconnected, and a subdirectory with an executable in it.
Decided to play it safe and stop there, been a long day, and will continue tomorrow after erasing and reflashing cmsis-dap on my Windows desktop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2023 21:48 #262906 by scotta
I've had the occasion when flashing with ST-Link Utility that the probe does not enumerate when inserted. Doing a full erase before flashing appears to be the most reliable way.

More
26 Jan 2023 03:11 #262915 by RogEnk
Tried without success to reflash the ST Link to CMSIS-DAP on Windows but the ST software defeated me, succeeded again on the Mac then reverted once disk was relabeled to Maintenance.
Attempted to upload firmware to the NVEM and it failed, ultimately realized that your original video showed powering the NVEM via the 3.3v from the STLink, me being a dolt I had assumed it should be powered from a 12-32v supply!
Must. Not. Do. Delicate. Stuff. When exhausted!!

More
26 Jan 2023 04:10 #262916 by scotta
I've done a short video on the process of flashing the ST-Link into a DAPLink.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy, RogEnk

More
26 Jan 2023 04:13 #262917 by scotta

Tried without success to reflash the ST Link to CMSIS-DAP on Windows but the ST software defeated me, succeeded again on the Mac then reverted once disk was relabeled to Maintenance.
Attempted to upload firmware to the NVEM and it failed, ultimately realized that your original video showed powering the NVEM via the 3.3v from the STLink, me being a dolt I had assumed it should be powered from a 12-32v supply!
Must. Not. Do. Delicate. Stuff. When exhausted!!

No, the board needs to be connected to a power supply as there is no 3.3v pin / pad on the NVEM or EC300.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RogEnk

More
27 Jan 2023 14:47 #263008 by heiterkiter
no luck here with the DAPLink. I have the exact same setup like scott
one old stlink v2 and a new one, different pinouts
, STM Link Utility says ... "no target found".
checked wires, checked latest firmware, tried different setting.
any suggestions?

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

More
27 Jan 2023 21:33 #263026 by scotta
It should only be a wiring issue, maybe post a couple of pictures so we can see your setup?

More
28 Jan 2023 00:35 #263037 by cncwhacko
I have received my second STlinkv2 and have programmed it with the stm32f103xb_bl.bin file. I reset the device plugged in directly and it gets mounted as the Maintenance drive. I then copied the stm32f103xb_mimxrt1050_qspi_if.bin file to the Maintenance drive but unlike your video i dont see the device eject/reload itself at that point, doing manual power cycle the maintenance drive just remounts with the stm32f103xb_mimxrt1050_qspi_if.bin file missing but it doesnt come back with the RT1052 drive name as expected. Any ideas?

More
28 Jan 2023 03:07 #263043 by scotta

I have received my second STlinkv2 and have programmed it with the stm32f103xb_bl.bin file. I reset the device plugged in directly and it gets mounted as the Maintenance drive. I then copied the stm32f103xb_mimxrt1050_qspi_if.bin file to the Maintenance drive but unlike your video i dont see the device eject/reload itself at that point, doing manual power cycle the maintenance drive just remounts with the stm32f103xb_mimxrt1050_qspi_if.bin file missing but it doesnt come back with the RT1052 drive name as expected. Any ideas?

Hmm, I have not had that problem. Maybe do a full erase and re-flash the boot loader firmware gain.

More
28 Jan 2023 03:13 #263044 by scotta
An EC500 has arrived and I thought that this would be a great test to see if programming was straight forward with the DAPLink on a board with original firmware.

Unfortunately no... :-(

FAIL.TXT error: Failed to initialize the target MCU

This error occurs even with using the boot_M0 pin to force a boot not from flash.

I new this was to good to be true.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds