Potential All-in-One Single Board Computers

More
08 May 2024 23:27 - 08 May 2024 23:28 #300166 by Bari
Banana Pi BPI-F3 development board powered by an 8-core RISC-V processor, capable of supporting up to 16GB of RAM.
The Banana Pi BPI-F3 is now available on AliExpress. Prices are $63.16 for the 2GB RAM/8GB eMMC model and $73.69 for the 4GB RAM/8GB eMMC model.

docs.banana-pi.org/en/BPI-F3/BananaPi_BPI-F3

linuxgizmos.com/updated-banana-pi-announ...tops-ai-performance/
Last edit: 08 May 2024 23:28 by Bari. Reason: more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Patrice, avive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2024 07:01 #306308 by avive
Hi!

I plan to use radxa x4, which appeared recently. I will connect the motors via ethercat, but to connect the spindle (on, reverse, pwm speed), estop and mpg, I would like to use rp2040, which is already on the board.

But the fact is that it connects via uart. Can this be a problem and are there any examples of using rp2040 gpio?

radxa.com/products/x/x4

More
29 Jul 2024 09:40 - 29 Jul 2024 10:20 #306314 by avive
I've studied the Banana Pi BPI-F3, it looks very interesting. But what about LinuxCNC and RISC-V processor support? Will it be possible to run EtherCAT and GPIO out of the box? Or will I have to assemble and compile everything myself?

And what do you think about the Banana Pi BPI-M5 Pro with Rockchip RK3576?
banana-pi.org/en/banana-pi-sbcs/177.html
Last edit: 29 Jul 2024 10:20 by avive.

More
29 Jul 2024 22:06 #306365 by cornholio
The uart will more than likely be a USB uart, so not suitable for RT, in actual fact there doesn’t appear to be a real time driver for “real” aka hardware serial ports for linuxcnc.
I’m starting to think a lot of these SBC s are more of a gimmick than anything else.
Tho in saying that I have been running an Odroid H3+ for several years now. The dual NICs and nvme port were big sellers for me and the fact the RAM isn’t hardwired to the board.
Honestly if the Beagle Bone Black was upgraded with more RAM and a quicker CPU and still kept the PRUs that would be an awesome and really capable “all in one solution”.
For small form factor X86 solutions the HP T640 has a quad core cpu, and some of the HP & Lenovo minis are worth a look at as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avive

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds