New Project

More
31 Mar 2011 10:49 #8319 by HTRasmus
Replied by HTRasmus on topic Re:New Project
HAHA :) i Think That is enough.
This is still in development, Just have a bunch of crazy ideas and i want to try and outlive some of them.

a complete different subject. has someone made some sort of compensation regarding temperature?

i havent looked that much into the software yet but is it possible to make your own interface with some programming tools?
I have been looking on what Heidenhein and DMG made together. just saw some of it on a Danish Exhibition last week.

Once again thanks for your reply s, great community :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2011 11:21 #8326 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:New Project
HTRasmus wrote:

a complete different subject. has someone made some sort of compensation regarding temperature?

You mean automatically compensating for the differential expansion of the machine and the work?
Not as far as I know. It ought to be possible to do easily enough with "scale" functions in HAL. The tricky part is knowing what scale to use.

i havent looked that much into the software yet but is it possible to make your own interface with some programming tools?

It is possible to do absolutely anything you fancy, with enough work.
If you mean "User interface" then you can customise the existing interfaces with PyVCP or GladeVCP, or you can just write an interface from scratch, like Thomas did with Mocca ( www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_ku...tart,0/lang,english/ )
and Chris did with Touchy ( linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gui/touchy.html )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds