Spindle RPM Cap

More
22 May 2013 02:33 #34521 by SRT
Replied by SRT on topic Spindle RPM Cap
I can not manually turn my spindles down to zero......we have a range say from 50%-150%. Spindle only stops with a command either M5, M00, M01, or the Feed hold and manual spindle stop.

No production here but i may be running 10 shafts in the morning and in the afternoon turn the jaws over and run 3 bearing caps (chucking work). I am running Linuxcnc on a 10 inch Turning center and a 15 inch Turning center and a Fagor on my 18 inch turning center. The 15 and 18 are old Cinci MO series lathes that can do 30 inch chucking work with the facing turret.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2013 19:07 #34533 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Spindle RPM Cap

I can not manually turn my spindles down to zero......we have a range say from 50%-150%.

This is just a configuration option in LinuxCNC though.

My mill has feed over-ride set from 0 to 2000% because I basically have no "feel" for milling feeds yet :-)

More
23 May 2013 01:40 #34561 by SRT
Replied by SRT on topic Spindle RPM Cap
The option is nice. My goal is to keep the machines as close as possible to the various commercial controllers I have in the shop. Of course as we find better ways LinuxCNC definitely gives us options.

I think we are going to stop the spindle trough an Ice Cube relay directly at the drive. So the feed hold signal could be used to pull in the relay for permission to let the operator stop the spindle, the spindle will have to be restarted and the spindle up to speed signal read before cutting resumes. This will be our work around until jog while paused is figured out.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds