Grecode

More
23 Jul 2010 11:42 #3468 by bkubicek
Grecode was created by bkubicek
Hi!
If you ever need to rotate your gcode freely, there is now an app for that:
code.google.com/p/grecode/
It can also align by the x-y bounding box, or mirror and things like that.

greetings,
Bernhard
The following user(s) said Thank You: nkp, tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2020 05:26 #164021 by nkp
Replied by nkp on topic Grecode
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel, cmorley, phillc54, jo_key, tommylight, bbsr_5a

More
15 Apr 2020 06:34 #164023 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Grecode
can somone give me a example in real live where this action is needed
or is it only you can do it bx Linuxcnc
99.9% is straight part manufacturing

More
16 Apr 2020 12:55 #164133 by bkubicek
Replied by bkubicek on topic Grecode
Well, 10 years ago you could not do that in linuxcnc

More
09 Jun 2021 17:20 #211629 by tryAndError
Replied by tryAndError on topic Grecode
Hello to all,
I was looking a way to automatically mirror (flip) G-code. For example, the workflow will go like this:
1-Operator open the G-code in the Linuxcnc.
2-Place the panel in the LeftHand corner of the machine working table.
3-Push the start button dedicated to LH corner and machine start the cycle.
4-While the machine is working in the LH corner operator places another panel in the RightHand corner of the machine working table.
5-Push the start button dedicated to the RH corner.
Now, right here I am stuck. Linuxcnc needs to flip in X direction (mirror it) the loaded G-code when the operator presses the RH button. I did manage to change the coordinates when RH is pressed to G55 but not sure how to solve this mirror challenge.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me. Seems like this grecode is a way but I am not that strong in coding.

More
10 Jun 2021 11:10 - 10 Jun 2021 11:19 #211686 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Grecode
Seems to me that grecode might serve you well, using a bash script inside an M command just like in the video. It seems to support direct commands like -xflip so the gui would maybe not need to appear but only the gcode reloaded.
Have you been able to compile grecode?

[edit]
Using two different switchable kinematics might also get you a functioning machine but the toolpath preview on screen would not show the gcode as mirrored since it's the kinematic that changes and not the gcode. Also I would think it's quite a bit more effort then if you can get grecode working for you.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2021 11:19 by Aciera.

More
10 Jun 2021 16:15 #211714 by tryAndError
Thanks for the reply.
I didnt compile it. I will try to do it, not sure how. Copy/paste the crecode folder in to linuxcnc config folder and run -make- ? I guess...

More
11 Jun 2021 16:05 - 11 Jun 2021 17:33 #211814 by tryAndError
Can't make it to work... Not sure how to do it. Any help?
Maybe the problem is that I am using gmoccapy.
I did manage to run the ge.py with m138 but nothing happened when I choose xflip nor other options.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2021 17:33 by tryAndError.

More
11 Jun 2021 20:48 #211831 by tryAndError

[edit]
Using two different switchable kinematics might also get you a functioning machine but the toolpath preview on screen would not show the gcode as mirrored since it's the kinematic that changes and not the gcode. Also I would think it's quite a bit more effort then if you can get grecode working for you.

No luck with grecode so I am thinking about switchable kinematics. I am a little unsure how it's going to work. My machine has ATC and it is set in G54 coordinates. What will happen with ATC when I run the program in G55 (RH corner) with switched kinematics (X opposite). It will make tool change but, I wonder if it will come back to switched kinematics

More
12 Jun 2021 07:04 - 12 Jun 2021 07:04 #211856 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Grecode

I did manage to run the ge.py with m138 but nothing happened when I choose xflip nor other options.

Did you reload the gcode? Also I'm not sure on how to set up Grecode but I presume you needed to define file paths and things. Maybe something is not quite right there.

thinking about switchable kinematics. I am a little unsure how it's going to work.

I've made a quick sim config using dgarr/switchkins-v2. So after homing the machine is set to regular kinematic (LH), you set your G54 Offset location on the LH side of your table and load your GCODE containing G54. to switch to the RH you issue M429 and the G54 offset location is automatically mirrored to the right hand side of your table and you can run the gcode file. Then you can issue M428
and the G54 offset is mirrored back over to the LH side and you can run the gcode there. ATC should not be affected, I think.

user-images.githubusercontent.com/460672...d8d-7d55946dcb26.mp4

If you want to try it you will have to build the switchkins branch:
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...atics?start=0#210809

Here is the sim config folder if you want to browse:

File Attachment:

File Name: tandem.zip
File Size:20 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jun 2021 07:04 by Aciera.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds