Grecode

More
12 Jun 2021 07:50 #211858 by tryAndError
Replied by tryAndError on topic Grecode
I did manage to flip g-code using Ge.py but in axis gui and still didn't make it to do the work automatically.

Your idea sounds easier for me. Not sure how will manage complex g-codes.
Found one post that goes like this: "...there may be arcs in the code that include movement along the Z axis, and then, if there is one along the mirroring axis, everything turns into a mess. As an output, then you should apply mirroring along another axis and then in the code rotate the axes by 180 degrees + shift the coordinates. "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2021 15:48 #211872 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Grecode
With switchable kinematics the gcode is not changed at all. In your case its just the direction of the x axis that is (mathematically) flipped. It's the most trivial change between two kinematic models since it just inserts a minus into an equation.
Your regular default kinematic that you use now is a righthanded cartesian system for the flipped second kinematic it's changed into a lefthanded cartesian system (ie x axis inverted in your case).

So I don't think you should run into problems using any gcode that runs on your regular setup. In fact I would be more skeptical using an external application like grecode that changes the actual gcode back and forth a number of times.

Note that switching kinematics _will_ change a righthanded helical tool plunge into a lefthanded one. Thus it will change a conventional circle milling operation into a climbing milling operation.

If you're uncertain as to what could happen to particular GCODEs I would encourage you to install the switch kins branch from above and copy my sim folder into the /configs/sim/axis/vismach folder. The simulation can then be chosen from the startup window of linux cnc and you can then load any GCODE you like.

More
13 Jun 2021 07:00 #211920 by tryAndError
I agree with you. I tried to install the branch but I ran into a problem. First, scratch links are not working so i tried rip installation. Then, when I came to the sudo make it stops, makefile:99: makefile.inc must specify rtprefix and other :(

More
13 Jun 2021 07:26 - 13 Jun 2021 07:28 #211923 by Aciera
What information does this command give you:
uname -a

[edit]
Unfortunately the scratch links on the buildbot page do expire after a certain time.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2021 07:28 by Aciera.

More
13 Jun 2021 13:23 - 13 Jun 2021 13:23 #211933 by tryAndError
I will try that command in 7 days, I have some time off now but I am unpatient to see if it's going to work.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2021 13:23 by tryAndError.

More
14 Jun 2021 23:18 #212070 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Grecode
Have you seen the docs on automatic input filters? That might be a solution

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-co...html#_filter_section

More
21 Jun 2021 08:45 - 21 Jun 2021 08:49 #212544 by tryAndError

What information does this command give you:
uname -a

[edit]
Unfortunately the scratch links on the buildbot page do expire after a certain time.

Linix debian 4.19.0-16-rt-amd64 # SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Last edit: 21 Jun 2021 08:49 by tryAndError.

More
21 Jun 2021 08:50 #212546 by tryAndError

Have you seen the docs on automatic input filters? That might be a solution

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-co...html#_filter_section

I know about filter section but not sure how to use it for this purpose.

More
21 Jun 2021 12:08 #212550 by Aciera
switchable kinematics has now been incorporated into master. So maybe you can try the buildbot deb link again?

More
22 Jun 2021 04:35 #212636 by tryAndError
Aha, ok, I'll try to make it.
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds