AXES = 3
COORDINATES = X Y Z
LINEAR_UNITS = inch
ANGULAR_UNITS = degree
CYCLE_TIME = 0.010
DEFAULT_VELOCITY = 0.10
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 2.00

Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2011 11:08 #10618 by Rick G
You can set the minimum also...

EMC V2.4 Integrator Manual
Chapter 4. INI File
MIN_VELOCITY = .01 The approximate lowest value the jog slider.
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.0 The maximum velocity for linear jogs, in machine units per sec-
ond.

Rick G

More
19 Jun 2011 13:04 #10621 by TarHeelTom
Rick G wrote:

You can set the minimum also...

EMC V2.4 Integrator Manual
Chapter 4. INI File
MIN_VELOCITY = .01 The approximate lowest value the jog slider.
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.0 The maximum velocity for linear jogs, in machine units per sec-
ond.

Rick G

Thanks.

In the interim, I did a bunch of trial and error and found this same line.

Spent a couple of hours trying different figures, and was astonished to find that with my new D510MO motherboard, emc2 supports rapids of about 320 ipm on my computer setup. I backed it down to about 275 ipm.

Wrote a short gcode program to run it the length of the movement (18" on X) repeatedly. This is the computer only, not trying to move the steppers yet.

If it can really move a 500 lb table that fast, I'll really be astonished. Will run a similar program to move the table at a fast speed in one direction almost the full travel, then rapid back to the starting point at the other end of travel, against a dial indicator. Will be pleasantly surprised if it can actually move the table at that speed without missing any steps.

Tom

More
19 Jun 2011 21:02 #10627 by andypugh
TarHeelTom wrote:

If it can really move a 500 lb table that fast, I'll really be astonished.

Don't get your hopes up, it won't. The limit is almost never the software but the hardware. Typically how fast the available voltage can "charge" and "discharge" the motor winding inductance.
Or, with that mass of load, how fast the available torque can accellerate the load. Perhaps you could do 500ipm, but it might take 100 feet to get there…

More
19 Jun 2011 21:50 #10630 by TarHeelTom
andypugh wrote:

TarHeelTom wrote:

If it can really move a 500 lb table that fast, I'll really be astonished.

Don't get your hopes up, it won't. The limit is almost never the software but the hardware. Typically how fast the available voltage can "charge" and "discharge" the motor winding inductance.
Or, with that mass of load, how fast the available torque can accellerate the load. Perhaps you could do 500ipm, but it might take 100 feet to get there…

Didn't really think the hardware was up to it. And the rapids aren't generally that important on a Bridgeport. Would like to have a small router with real fast rapids and rapid acceleration.

But that's another project for the future.

Tom

More
04 Jul 2011 13:27 - 06 Jul 2011 16:27 #11138 by ArcEye
Ref changing font in the G Code window

Dewey's method worked in 2.6.0~pre once I found the exact syntax

In your ~/.axisrc file put the line

root_window.tk.call(".pane.bottom.t.text", "configure", "-font", "Helvetica 20")

and it will produce the commanded font.

It doesn't matter if you used my earlier hack, this overrides the value I changed in the widget initialisation.

regards
Last edit: 06 Jul 2011 16:27 by ArcEye.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds