simulation

More
06 Nov 2023 16:49 #284718 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic simulation
from what I know dryrun was a function implemented by the "legendary" dgarret ... who however left nothing of his "dev" repos except what was already implemented in master (switchkins for example, or adaptive-feed). ...now unfortunately, at the time I was intrigued...but I didn't clone the repositories...so that apparently got lost. It's been a long time... I don't know if I downloaded it... if I found it I could make it available... but I'm not sure if dgarrett appreciates it... it would be nice if he had his say......

At least think is only necessary make a sim encoder for every joint and switch feedback signal with simulated one .... obviusly need to switch from sim.ini to real.ini with button or somethings of similar....

regards to all
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2023 17:28 #284720 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic simulation

is the 'dryrun' branch/feature (not-yet-added to LCNC) a simulation or a 'dryrun' with machine movement? 

I haven't reread the thread but if I remember correctly it would let you run your gcode without machine movement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
08 Nov 2023 11:02 #284854 by sivaraj
Replied by sivaraj on topic simulation

To clarify - I can't find anything on GitHub as the links earlier in the thread are dead, and a search for 'dryrun' in GH doesn't come up with anything.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/e4f42a...067eb65be036162c4ea7
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera, spumco

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds