AXIS doesn't open when I load my .ini file?

More
14 Sep 2021 16:51 - 14 Sep 2021 17:15 #220624 by RékaM
I have finally got my .ini file to actually open my vismach module (thank you so much to the people who have helped me with my various forum questions, and sorry for asking so many of them), but even though I have it set to DISPLAY = axis only tk opens, not axis. I am not sure why it is not opening, but I think it might have something to do with what the terminal says... It opens the tk window, then says "Waiting for component 'vismachtesting' to become ready....." and just keeps adding dots forever. If I close the tk window, it says that the component exited without becoming ready.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to bother you guys with my issues... thank you so much for your help!

My .ini file is attached so you can see what it says (edit: and the .hal and gui files)

I just noticed it does actually open for a few seconds - but only as a window that says "This window is part of Axis, it will automatically close in a few seconds" which then, well, closes. The actual interface doesn't appear

Solved - I had an error in my gui file, I had changed the file name from vismach-testing to vismachtesting but forgot to change the component name, in my .hal file I had to change the nets from format "net joint.0.motor-pos-fb vismachtesting.xslide" to "net x-pos-fb joint.0.motor-pos-fb => vismachtesting.xslide", and in my .ini file i had to add min/max velocities under [DISPLAY]
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 17:15 by RékaM. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2021 16:55 #220625 by RékaM
(moved this from the general forum because I realized it should really go here instead)

More
14 Sep 2021 17:14 #220627 by tommylight
By now there are 4 or 5 topics discussing the same subject created from you.

More
14 Sep 2021 17:26 #220629 by RékaM
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of forum etiquette around different issues arising from the same project? I always like when people keep topics specific so that when I'm searching for the same issues as they had it's easier to find so I did that, but if I should have kept everything about my project in the same topic I apologize and will make sure to do that in the future if I need more help. I'm very grateful for your help and sorry for any irritation I have caused by my ignorance.

More
14 Sep 2021 17:33 #220630 by Aciera
Usually this means that there is indeed a problem with the vismach script. There may be little more you can do than to remove things until it works and then to add the other bits little by little.

More
14 Sep 2021 21:40 #220656 by tommylight
@RekaM
Nothing to be sorry about, and i do get your point of view, it just makes it hard for us to follow what has been answered and what has already been resolved.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds