Erasing tool trace lines in tk?

More
23 Sep 2021 16:20 #221439 by RékaM
So when I open my program with AXIS, the Vismach model also pops up in a window titled "tk". If I click "clear lines" then the traced lines disappear from the AXIS preview plot, but not the tk window. I am trying to debug an algorithm so I'm running several different gcode files on the same model and as far as I can tell the only way to refresh the tk window so it's fresh is to quit and reopen LinuxCNC entirely. Is there an easier way to do this? Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2021 00:50 #221476 by cmorley
The source indicates there is a HAL pin -> vismach.plotclear
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Sep 2021 15:05 #221501 by RékaM
Thank you very much, I found the code you were talking about, but when I try to implement it myself I get an error "Pin 'vismach.plotclear' does not exist", I am not sure why this happened and can't find the difference between what I did and what is in the file for the Bridgemill example configuration.

More
24 Sep 2021 15:29 #221503 by Aciera
Make sure you use vismach.plotclear only after loading the vismach model. ie. put it in the postgui-hal

More
24 Sep 2021 15:34 #221504 by RékaM
It is; my postgui.hal file consists of exactly one line I took from the Bridgemill example - "net :vismach-clear <= pyvcp.vismach-clear => vismach.plotclear"

The only thing I can think of is it's having trouble because my gui file where I actually import vismach is in my /usr/bin file rather than the same file as all the others because it... wouldn't actually open until I moved it there? But again, if it's not in the bin folder, it just doesn't work.

More
24 Sep 2021 17:11 #221509 by cmorley
My guess would be timing issues. vismach is not fully loaded when the postgui file is parsed.

check with halmeter and I'm sure you will see the pin after every thing loads.

Can you post your config files?

More
27 Sep 2021 14:58 #221702 by RékaM
I haven't used halmeter before but I'll try and see if I can figure that out.

Here are my gui (vismachtesting.txt), postgui (vismachtesting.xml), hal (vismach-testing.hal.txt), postgui hal (vismachtesting_postgui.hal.txt), and ini (vismachtesting.ini) files; I am guessing you probably don't actually need to see all of these, but figured better too much than too little.

Maybe I need to loadusr the vismachtesting gui file in the postgui.hal file? But the bridgemill example postgui.hal doesn't use loadusr for anything, so probably not...

Thanks very much for your help :)

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds