Conflict between joypad and camera

More
11 Feb 2012 18:30 #17609 by kb8wmc
cncbasher:
lsusb yields the following connections to usb ports:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c216 Logitech, Inc. Dual Action Gamepad
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 093a:2468 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Cammaestro 2.5DU/X-EYE/Orite SC-120/ICGear TravelCam/Easy Snap Snake Eye Webcam
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

I am trying to locate the permissions list

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2012 18:35 #17610 by kb8wmc
John,
okay, tnx for input, will be working on it to make corrections, btw, how does one set the option to "on" in 2.5?....I am running 2.5 pre...

Mike

More
11 Feb 2012 18:43 #17611 by kb8wmc
John,
You are correct, I made a typo...I have commented out the "loadrt sum2 count=2" in the "custom_postgui.hal" file and increased to 5 the count= in the "router.hal" file, axis now starts without reporting any errors....joypad yet unable to function which I will attempt to edit as per your suggested method.....tnx

Mike

More
11 Feb 2012 19:37 #17612 by BigJohnT
kb8wmc wrote:

John,
okay, tnx for input, will be working on it to make corrections, btw, how does one set the option to "on" in 2.5?....I am running 2.5 pre...

Mike

Oh, that makes it simple then, turn two pass on in the ini file.

linuxcnc.org/docview/2.5/html/config/ini...id_sub_hal_section_a

John

More
11 Feb 2012 20:30 #17613 by kb8wmc
John,
Thank you for the info...I am no longer receiving the previous error related to either joypad or camera...I am receiving errors, which can be expected, related to actual machine connection, and as the router machine is located at my son's shop several miles away, the computer that connects to the machine is here with me...

I have learned numerous things related to HAL...I am going to continue to experiment with the associated HAL components...I really want to comprehend and actually being forced to examine these HAL files, has helped me hands on with that comprehension...I have read all of the tutorials available and even executed the examples, but still did not have the grasp necessary to see the inter-relationship....I hope I will not need to post on this subject again, at least on the same matters.

I am going to see what I can experiment with on the axis simulator module, as I do want to bork the router files....

Thanks so much for your help and input

Mike

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds