getting started with 8i20

More
01 Feb 2015 04:39 #55527 by clematites93
Thank you for these new explanations, I am going to try what you propose.
If I understood well, I deduct that from it the anomalies observed in the oscilloscope (previous post) would result from a problem of alignment.
As English is not my _maternal language_, as you understood him, I prefer to ask for confirmation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2015 05:19 #55530 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic getting started with 8i20

If I understood well, I deduct that from it the anomalies observed in the oscilloscope (previous post) would result from a problem of alignment..

I actually have no idea what your oscilloscope means, but that rather depends on what points you were scoping between.

Alignment is likely to explain non-smooth movement and especially different speeds in different directions for the same current and voltage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clematites93

More
02 Feb 2015 04:04 #55565 by clematites93
Hello,
preliminary question, please. When I turn the shaft of my motor, without any electric connection of power, I feel 6 slightly _hard points_. Is it normal?

With a dc power supply (5 V), I find 3 clearly harder points (3 x 120 °). It seems to verify the conclusion of a previous manipulation which indicated that my motor has 6 poles.
Then, there is a net difference between the magnetic zero the closest to the stop point of the motor (from memory, approximately more 2000 counts).
Encoder 2500 x 4
Thank you for this very instructive manipulation.
Have to I envisage a mechanical realignment between the shaft of the motor and the shaft of the encoder, via the flexible coupling (_Allen screw_) or use the value of gap counts ?

More
02 Feb 2015 04:08 #55566 by andypugh

Have to I envisage a mechanical realignment between the shaft of the motor and the shaft of the encoder, via the flexible coupling (_Allen screw_) or use the value of gap counts ?

You can do it in software, the bldc component has a parameter specifically to correct for an offset between the encoder and the motor.

More
03 Feb 2015 04:07 #55599 by clematites93
Hello,
I did not very well understand the concerning explanation bldc. N.encoder-offset
The offset, in encoder counts, between the motor electrical zero and the encoder zero modulo the number of counts per electrical revolution.

If I bring in the value obtained on ( 2186) , the motor _is carried away_ with Axis about is the increment (0.1 or more)

More
03 Feb 2015 04:44 #55608 by andypugh

Hello,
I did not very well understand the concerning explanation bldc. N.encoder-offset
The offset, in encoder counts, between the motor electrical zero and the encoder zero modulo the number of counts per electrical revolution.

It doesn't matter _which_ motor pole you align the encoder with, basically.

If I bring in the value obtained on ( 2186) , the motor _is carried away_ with Axis about is the increment (0.1 or more)

Try -2186.
How many counts per rev is the encoder? You might need to try (total counts - 2186)

I have only once set up a motor to index, as an experiment, and that one was aligned already. You might have to experiment with numbers until something works.

More
03 Feb 2015 05:50 #55610 by clematites93
My encoder (2500 x 4 ) rev per tour .
For both magnetic zeros the closest to the mechanical zero I obtain approximately (- 1733) for the one and approximately (+2186) for the other one.

I tried, quickly several values. It would seem that (+1000) would allow to have _ very boorishly_ the same speed in a direction and in the other one (in open loop).
With the _pid _ the motor speed is too slow so that we can detect something.

With Halscope, the supplied peaks --> pin hm2_7i43.0.8i20.0.2.current seem to have a less important amplitude (_without prejudice_).

If I seem to you to be on the right track, I shall refine the value.

More
03 Feb 2015 05:57 #55611 by clematites93
I hope not to have made too many faults of translation :)

More
04 Feb 2015 04:45 #55655 by clematites93
Hello,
Until I can make tries more elaborate tries, please, I would want to know if it is possible, in the future.... to replace the rotary encoder by a incremental linear scale associated with the movements of the table ((to compensate for the small errors of pitch of the ballscrew and not the very low supposed backlash).
What interests me most, it is to make tries.

More
04 Feb 2015 05:05 #55656 by andypugh

Hello,
Until I can make tries more elaborate tries, please, I would want to know if it is possible, in the future.... to replace the rotary encoder by a incremental linear scale associated with the movements of the table.

No. You will always need something actually on the motor to commutate the motor. You can use linear scales for accurate position control, but you need the motor encoders _too_.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds