Screen and keyboard mounting ideas ???

More
21 Jan 2021 19:33 #196135 by rodw

I got the 24" Eizo ones for 60 Euro each, used,

They were a real bargain and the highest quality monitors around if you are a photographer or graphic artist. I think they are quite wasted on a machine control!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2021 19:41 #196137 by aleksamc
All depends on the task you are working on.
If you use this screen also for building project and creating G-code, it could be convinient to use such screen. Also if you want to sell that machine it will be also like "Wow!"
If you use this screen for setting coordinates and pressing "Play", yes, it's a little wasting your money.))
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
21 Jan 2021 22:06 #196155 by tommylight
I bought 7 of them, and as luck would have it when they got delivered to me my brother came and saw them so he promptly relieved me of 3 of them ! :) He is a photographer/designer and has a very expensive 32" one i had to go and buy in Macedonia for him: www.instagram.com/korniza.studio/
Now that we have PlasmaC to play with colours they are niceeeeee, although Axis GUI never looked so nice and crisp.
And yes they are used for everything besides controlling the machines.
On the topic of PlasmaC colours, i could not find a nice combo yet, so if anyone has figured that out, let me know please. So far the best i get is the yellow Phill chose.

More
23 Jan 2021 16:01 #196341 by mooser
Well I almost have an idea that mounts the screen on an arm off the wall above the tailstock with the keyboard mounted under it on an angle to the same vesa bracket.
Was starting to make up a bracket but the new keyboard/trackpad doesn't let the computer boot...started a new thread for that weirdness before I make any brackets :)

More
23 Jan 2021 16:20 #196342 by andypugh

When you say the keyboard lives in the house, is that a touch screen then?

Yes. It helps that Touchy has a decent touch interface for typing G-code, but I mainly use my lathe macros for making things, and that is touch-friendly.

Another neat installation: photos.app.goo.gl/AgMYpofo7QUT4RJn8
All made from off-the-shelf parts. Better, but wobblier view here:

More
23 Jan 2021 17:12 #196348 by mooser
Beautiful machine, we had a HNC and a CHNC oil bath machines at one of the places I worked. And the machining...nice... :)
I like the console, that was my original idea back before I lost access to that end of the machine. Hard to watch the video though, started getting a headache a few minutes in...

Once I get past this keyboard issue I'm going to mock something up to see if it'll work hanging from the monitor.

Someday I have to get back to getting those macro's working for me (sorry, I work everything in imperial...)
Thanks again for the picks and video
M

More
24 Jan 2021 17:06 #196429 by aleksamc

Have a look at my machines, i use 22 to 24 inch monitors on all of them, retrofits included, i did check industrial ones and got terrified at what is these days called industrial. Oh and they are really small ! :)
I got the 24" Eizo ones for 60 Euro each, used, and i can bet my life it will work for much longer in a dusty shop than the industrial ones i worked with, these are 12KG of Japanese engineering each. And two of them a literally outside in this winter bolted to a column, still working despite temps going from +22 to -15 and the humidity being terrible.

Where did you buy that monitor for 60Eurs?

More
24 Jan 2021 17:49 #196437 by tommylight

Where did you buy that monitor for 60Eurs?

I bought 7 of them from a computer shop, since i was the first in this country to have computer shops 20 some years ago, i still have some respect from them, so they were offered to me for 55 each but i insisted on paying 60.

More
24 Jan 2021 20:04 #196465 by aleksamc
Very cool oportunity for you I think;)))

More
19 Feb 2021 01:39 #199365 by mooser
Well finally got the keyboard/boot sorted out and cobbled together a keyboard mount that attached to the VESA screen mount bracket. So far so good but it's only had limited usage at this point (one small job so only a few hours)
A little bouncy but actually surprisingly steady, I'll have to see if there's some joint I can tighten to make it better but all things equal I think it's ok-ish

M
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds