Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 Problem

More
14 Dec 2017 07:14 #103103 by DeckelHead
Replied by DeckelHead on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 Problem
Rob. I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot somehow... I am in no way now, or have ever intended, to imply that your advice was poor. Quite the contrary. I greatly appreciate any and all help you have provided... Threads aren't very good at conveying emotions and can easily be misunderstood, so PLEASE understand that I never meant to step on your toes...

I was trying to approach this analytically. If something doesn't seem to add up then I'll question it, but that doesn't mean that anyone is wrong. I err all the time. Heck, I've always assumed that I was the likely source of the problem and, frankly, that is what it turned out to be.

I tried multiple combinations of USB, DVD, computers that burned, computers that read, OSs, etc in an attempt to find some common ground... that was all.

As for the 4GB. My concern was more around *where* to purchase a small drive. The local Fry's and Central Computer don't even stock something that small anymore. When I stopped by this evening, the smallest I could buy was 8GB.

Anyhow, again, please understand that I never had any feeling that you were not providing useful advice. That was never my intent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2017 07:17 #103104 by DeckelHead
Replied by DeckelHead on topic Mesa 5i25 & 7i77 Problem
Thank you to all who helped... The OS/Linux CNC are now updated. And, yes, the CR15 LED is blinking now. Clearly the watchdog pet was added to later versions of HAL and that was the source of my problem in not being able to test the relays.

Again, thank you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds