THC CAD FOR PLASMA CUTTING

More
29 Apr 2016 10:15 #74048 by CNCLINUXSREE
Dear John
I checked out the url u sent me. One more thing interesting is that you have pre-installed hard disc with you for PCI cards.
Is this just a plug and play kit. Just install this inside the cabinet of the pc with other hardware like motherboard, ram etc and boot the system.
ASLO the G code generator us suggested has any special features for Plasma cutting--Nesting features.
Please let me know this. I shall order this right away on you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2016 14:12 - 29 Apr 2016 14:14 #74056 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic THC CAD FOR PLASMA CUTTING
The preloaded hard drives should be pretty much plug and play on most modern motherboards. I have configured the OS to get rid of annoying "features" and add the ones I think are needed.

The G code generator I wrote is for drilling and tapping mostly for mills. I wish I had some nesting software. I may attempt that one day. I have managed to write in golang a dxf to G code program but that needs some final touches.

JT
Last edit: 29 Apr 2016 14:14 by BigJohnT.

More
08 May 2016 09:26 #74356 by CNCLINUXSREE
Hii John,
We installed the debian linux 2.7 version with Mesa 5i25-7i77 combination. We mounted both the 5i25-7i25, powered up the pc and installed the Linux cnc. But some how after many attempts also we were unsuccesful in getting the whole thing running. We could not even jog the induvidual axis for testing. Maybe there was something wrong in our installation of the firmware/software.

So if i buy your pre-installed Hard drive "LinuxCNC for PCI/PCIe Cards or Parallel Port", will it solve my problems.
The situation at present is like this.
1) I already have 1 number each of the 5i25 and 7i77 with the connectiing db25 cable. I could not buy this as a plug and go kit from Mesa electronics, because at the time i ordered them, the kits were out of stock. So i did order them seperately which was available.

If i buy the preinstalled hard drive from you, will it be just a plug and play option to a larger extent.
Or if there is more work from our side to be done, can we have a step by step instruction (we are ready to pay for this if required)
Our design is like this.
It is a gantry type CNC Plasma cutting machine.
X axis --1
Y axis---1
master
Y1 axis---1----slave
Z axis----1 (for torch lifter)

We have used the Schnieder electric Lexium 23 series analog servo motors and drives for all 4 axis.

Could you provide some inputs, so that I could order the hard drive right away.
Thanks anyway
SREEDHAR
BANGALORE

More
08 May 2016 11:59 #74371 by BigJohnT
The hard drives I sell come with LinuxMint with the Mate desktop and LinuxCNC installed. There are only the sample configurations that come with LinxuCNC. This drive will only help with the painful Debian features.

A dual motor gantry would benefit from the JA13 branch but you would have to still create your configuration. You don't mention what you have tried so far. Details details...

JT

More
09 May 2016 12:43 #74406 by CNCLINUXSREE
Hi john,
Of course,w eshall do the configuration. But the problem is the communication between the 5I25 from the PCI slot and the communication between 5i25 and 7i77.
This is where we were unsuccessful.

As mentioned earlier, we did fix the 5i25 in it's slot on the motherboard and connected the 7i77 with the db 25 cable to the 5i25.
We then installed the debian Linux 2.7 version and tried certain pre installed configurations. We reconfigured the 5i20 config to 5i25 and tried a sample config. BUT nothing worked.

So if i buy your pre installed hard drive, will it solve this problem of the Mesa cards not talking to each other.

More
09 May 2016 13:58 #74408 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic THC CAD FOR PLASMA CUTTING
Can you provide some information about what does not work?

My guess is that you either don't have a proper sample configuration and or you have a
power issue with the 7I77(5I25/7I77 cable power jumpers set wrong or no field power).
Other possibilities are wrong firmware on the 5I25 or actual hardware faults.

As a first step i would check the 5I25 card is found and has the proper firmware:

For this you can read its configuration with mesaflash:

sudo mesaflash --device 5i25 -- readhmid >config.txt

and post the config.txt file here

if mesaflash is not found you need to add it with:

sudo apt-get install mesaflash

More
11 May 2016 23:14 #74536 by BigJohnT
The drives I sell have LinuxCNC and the sample configurations. I suggest you try the pncconf wizard to create a configuration.

JT

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds