Mesa Suppliers

More
11 Jan 2020 14:18 #154611 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Mesa Suppliers

So if I go the 7i96 with breakout board route (I am guessing the Mach3 bob I have would do?) what is the downside versus the 7i76e?
When you say just a PPort- is that an option with no mesa card at all? What functionality does that miss out on?
Despite my shortage of cash, I want to be able to fully control a 3 axis router via the console. Ideally, I would like the ability to go to 6D one day- if I have to buy a Mesa card I would prefer to just buy one and not have to buy a second later on.
As always, all advice is gratefully received.

The 7i76e and 7i96 and the 7i92 are connected to the PC by ethernet the 7i76e and 7i96 don't require a BOB but the 7i92 does.

A simple BOB would connect to the 7i92 or just to a PC with a PPort on it running linuxcnc

manual for the 7i92 www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i92man.pdf HAve a look at the other manuals

7i76e has spindle control I don't think the 7i96 has

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2020 15:12 #154618 by steveinjava
Replied by steveinjava on topic Mesa Suppliers
Hi Andy, well the 2.2kw spindle has a max rpm of 24000 although I confess I do not know how many sensors there are per rev. I will do as you say. Luckily there is a Mesa supplier in Portugal so I can buy one if and when I realise I need it. Thanks again!

More
10 May 2020 00:44 #167206 by EddieM
Replied by EddieM on topic Mesa Suppliers
Hi,
Does anyone have a contact for MesaUS.com? Email, phone or anything? I placed an order but put in an incorrect email. There appears to be no contact information on the website.
Thanks,
Eddie

More
10 May 2020 02:26 #167222 by Sneaky
Replied by Sneaky on topic Mesa Suppliers
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EddieM

More
10 May 2020 13:41 #167264 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Mesa Suppliers
it's all right there on their home page on their web site, phone numbers, emails, mailing address.
store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=common/home

More
10 May 2020 15:00 #167269 by EddieM
Is mesaus.com the same as store.mesanet.com?

More
10 May 2020 15:08 #167272 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa Suppliers

Is mesaus.com the same as store.mesanet.com?

No, they are both in US, but one belongs to BigJT while the other one to PCW.

More
10 May 2020 15:24 #167275 by EddieM
The mesaus.com site is where I ordered from. I ordered from that site because BigJT posted the link earlier in this post. There is absolutely no contact on that site. The contact link just jumps back to the home page. I am usually much more cautious about first time ordering from a website but I just didn’t notice it. I have emailed an enquiry to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and received an automated reply from “JT” who I hope is the same as BigJT here. No reason to be over-concerned yet (except for the $100 charged to my credit card). Hopefully it will get straightened out on Monday.
Eddie

More
10 May 2020 21:27 - 10 May 2020 21:28 #167304 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Mesa Suppliers
Sorry about that. They are not the same. measus.com is a Mesa reseller store.mesanet.com is the manufacturer. I think mesaus.com is ran by a fellow with the user name BigJohnT here on the forum. Not sure how to contact him. But he is usually present here, on the mailing list and IRC.
Last edit: 10 May 2020 21:28 by Todd Zuercher.

More
11 May 2020 15:26 #167381 by EddieM
Those guys at MesaUS are good. Despite me screwing up my email address (which has been fixed) the board has already shipped.
Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds