7i96 Configuration Tool

More
15 Mar 2021 11:15 #202328 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic 7i96 Configuration Tool

Can they be modified with the tool? Should have "inverted" or "invert" besides every IO pin.

I'm working on adding the invert check box for I/O. Been side tracked by fighting with building the deb.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2021 11:16 - 15 Mar 2021 11:18 #202330 by BigJohnT

Just add:
_not
or
-not
at the end of the 7i96_something_input.000 etc.

tommylight - ref your answer above, the issue i have is the ini and hal files that JohnT's tool produces don't appear to follow 'normal' syntax. for example my ini includes this
[INPUTS]
# DO NOT change the input text
INPUT_0 = Min Limit & Home
INPUT_JOINT_0 = 0
INPUT_1 = Max Limit
INPUT_JOINT_1 = 0
INPUT_2 = Min Limit & Home
INPUT_JOINT_2 = 1
INPUT_3 = Max Limit
INPUT_JOINT_3 = 1
INPUT_4 = Min Limit & Home
INPUT_JOINT_4 = 2
INPUT_5 = Max Limit

but none of this seems to be mentioned in the HAL. I've searched for "INPUT_" and for "Limit" and neither appear in the .hal file. The syntax used (above) in does seem to be conducive to the addition of "_not" or "-not", in fact it specifically says "DO NOT change the input text". I'm at a loss as to how I do something that I thought should be relatively simple. I understand that your answer works in ini.hal files produced by pncconf,

Those are only used by my configuration tool when you load the ini back up. They are used to set up the tool. I'll add a note saying what those are.

JT
Last edit: 15 Mar 2021 11:18 by BigJohnT.

More
17 Mar 2021 21:50 - 17 Mar 2021 22:01 #202654 by Markyd
Replied by Markyd on topic 7i96 Configuration Tool
As soon as pete pointed to to the existence of the io.hal file i fixed it in minutes. Thanks.

While I remember, I cant get the external estop to work. The estop signal toggles with the pin. The axis gui seems to make a signal called estop-loop toggle, my external switch does nothing to that. Is that part of the issue?
Last edit: 17 Mar 2021 22:01 by Markyd.

More
18 Mar 2021 11:37 #202723 by BigJohnT

As soon as pete pointed to to the existence of the io.hal file i fixed it in minutes. Thanks.

While I remember, I cant get the external estop to work. The estop signal toggles with the pin. The axis gui seems to make a signal called estop-loop toggle, my external switch does nothing to that. Is that part of the issue?

What did you have to change in io.hal?

Seems the E-Stop input is not being built so I'll fix that.

Remind me of the issue...

JT

More
18 Mar 2021 12:41 #202733 by Markyd
Replied by Markyd on topic 7i96 Configuration Tool
I inverted the limit switch pins in io.hal. I also added the estop input as I noticed it was missed completely. Even after adding it doesn't function, although I can see the estop signal change when I push the physical switch.

More
18 Mar 2021 13:05 #202737 by BigJohnT
I added the external estop input code just now and added the invert a few days ago so get a fresh copy of the deb and you should be good to go. Just to be safe rename the configuration after you open it with the 7i96 Configuration Tool then build after selecting the estop input.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markyd

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds