More
22 Jan 2022 00:43 #232714 by ALittleOffTheRails
Quick question, I've gone through the process of installing
arachne-pnr
icestorm
nextpnr
prjtrellis
yosys
and the Litex stuff, all from git and after running colorlight_5a_75e.py and build_colorlight_5a_75e.sh (which completes without error) the bit file comes in at 610185 bytes compared to 626411 bytes from your archive. Any idea of what may cause this ?

Or is the latest OSS CAD Suite the tools to use ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2022 06:48 #232728 by pippin88
This sounds very interesting.

How do these cards compare to a Mesa 7i76e? Looks like the 7i76 has pins tolerant of higher voltages 24V+ and the these colorlight are 5v tolerant (and anything more would need external components)?

Would one of the colorlight boards be comparable to a Mesa 7i98?

(I'm a big fan of Mesa boards and have a couple. Peter gives amazing support on this forum  But here in Australia price of shipping means MESA price goes up a lot. <AUD$40 delivered for a Colorlight E board versus AUD$245 for a 7i98 delivered)

More
22 Jan 2022 07:42 #232729 by tuzki

我在网上买的5a-75b到货了。我要测试这个神奇的项目。5a-75b是否有望成为台面板的替代品
@Tuzki,
Do you want us to delete this post?

Yes, I found that I use Chinese

More
22 Jan 2022 07:58 #232730 by ALittleOffTheRails

This sounds very interesting.

How do these cards compare to a Mesa 7i76e? Looks like the 7i76 has pins tolerant of higher voltages 24V+ and the these colorlight are 5v tolerant (and anything more would need external components)?

Would one of the colorlight boards be comparable to a Mesa 7i98?

(I'm a big fan of Mesa boards and have a couple. Peter gives amazing support on this forum  But here in Australia price of shipping means MESA price goes up a lot. <AUD$40 delivered for a Colorlight E board versus AUD$245 for a 7i98 delivered)

A generic Parallel BoB would work, I have some boards left over from the BeagleBone that I can use. But yeah it's a bit exy getting stuff sent to Aus. Doesn't matter what it is really. I just grabbed a colorlight and yep under 40 beer tokens delivered. I have 5 MESA boards for the Mill....I could have got away with just a 7i92 & 7i76, but I went a bit OTT.

More
22 Jan 2022 08:57 #232732 by romanetz
I think that my toolchcain is a little bit outdated. These projects are being actively developed nowadays and my installation is from the summer of 2021. The same verilog source can yield different binary files after placement and routing,
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALittleOffTheRails

More
27 Jan 2022 21:25 #233315 by muvideo
Hi,
for the 5A-75E version, does the linuxcnc component source file need to be modified in order to enable the reading of encoders?
I have a 5A-75E board freshly delivered and ready to be tested.

Also can you send the sourcefile for the latest 5A-75B firmware?
I'd like to test that also on a V8.0 5A-75B board, and try to modify
it for trading some DI for some encoders.

Thanks!
Fabio

More
30 Jan 2022 20:43 #233576 by tuxcnc
Hi.
Is this hardware suitable for lathe (spindle encoder and rigid tapping) ?
I remember Pluto supports encoders  ...
Regards.

More
07 Feb 2022 01:27 #234207 by tuxcnc
@romanetz
Which Linux distro and which Linuxcnc version you use?
I tried to compile colorcnc.c component, but I got a lot of errors.

More
07 Feb 2022 01:37 #234208 by ALittleOffTheRails
Have you installed the Linuxcnc dev package ?

What errors are you encountering ?

More
07 Feb 2022 02:52 #234215 by tuxcnc

Have you installed the Linuxcnc dev package ?

What errors are you encountering ?

Of course, I have, I use halcompile command.
First, I must edit source and give full path for include files colorcnc.h and etherbone.h, but this is not important.
The full output is :
root@E555:/temp/src/colorcnc# halcompile  --compile --userspace colorcnc.c
gcc -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/linuxcnc -URTAPI -U__MODULE__ -DULAPI -Os  -o colorcnc /tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c -Wl,-rpath,/lib -L/lib -llinuxcnchal
In file included from /tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:7:
/usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_app.h:27:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
   27 | EXPORT_SYMBOL(rtapi_app_main);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_app.h:27:1: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘EXPORT_SYMBOL’ [-Wimplicit-int]
/usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_app.h:27:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
/usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_app.h:28:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
   28 | EXPORT_SYMBOL(rtapi_app_exit);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_app.h:28:1: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘EXPORT_SYMBOL’ [-Wimplicit-int]
/usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_app.h:28:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:20:15: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   20 | MODULE_AUTHOR("romanetz");
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:21:20: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   21 | MODULE_DESCRIPTION("colorcnc board driver");
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:22:16: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   22 | MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
      |                ^~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:29:32: error: expected ‘)’ before numeric constant
   29 | RTAPI_MP_ARRAY_STRING(board_ip, 1, "ip address of ethernet board");
      |                                ^~
      |                                )
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:32:25: error: expected ‘)’ before string constant
   32 | RTAPI_MP_INT(speedrange, "Speed range 0..3");
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                         )
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c: In function ‘rtapi_app_main’:
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:504:75: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘hal_param_u32_newf’ from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  504 |         r = hal_param_u32_newf(HAL_RO,((char*)&(device_data->rcvd_pos[i]))+4, comp_id, "colorcnc.%d.stepgen.%01d.rcvd_position_msb", 1, i);
      |                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~
      |                                                                           |
      |                                                                           char *
In file included from /tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:8:
/usr/include/linuxcnc/hal.h:547:17: note: expected ‘volatile hal_u32_t *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned int *’} but argument is of type ‘char *’
  547 |     hal_u32_t * data_addr, int comp_id, const char *fmt, ...)
      |     ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:507:39: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘hal_param_u32_newf’ from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  507 |         r = hal_param_u32_newf(HAL_RO,&(device_data->rcvd_pos[i]), comp_id, "colorcnc.%d.stepgen.%01d.rcvd_position_lsb", 1, i);
      |                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                       |
      |                                       __u64 * {aka long long unsigned int *}
In file included from /tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:8:
/usr/include/linuxcnc/hal.h:547:17: note: expected ‘volatile hal_u32_t *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned int *’} but argument is of type ‘__u64 *’ {aka ‘long long unsigned int *’}
  547 |     hal_u32_t * data_addr, int comp_id, const char *fmt, ...)
      |     ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:558:82: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
  558 |  retval = hal_param_u32_newf(HAL_RW, &(device_data-> stepgen_steplen), comp_id, "colorcnc.%d.stepgen.steplen", 1, i);
      |                                                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:565:82: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
  565 |  retval = hal_param_u32_newf(HAL_RW, &(device_data-> stepgen_dirtime), comp_id, "colorcnc.%d.stepgen.dirtime", 1, i);
      |                                                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:638:14: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘hal_export_funct’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  638 |     retval = hal_export_funct(name, update_port, device_data, 1, 0,comp_id);
      |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:653:22: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘eb_fill_readwrite32’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  653 |  eb_fill_readwrite32(wb_wr_buffer, 0, 0x0, 1);
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:96:33: note: expected ‘uint8_t *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
   96 | int eb_fill_readwrite32(uint8_t wb_buffer[20], uint32_t data, uint32_t address, int is_read) {
      |                         ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:659:29: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘eb_send’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  659 |  r=eb_send(device_data->eb, wb_wr_buffer, 24);
      |                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:137:53: note: expected ‘const void *’ but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
  137 | int eb_send(struct eb_connection *conn, const void *bytes, size_t len) {
      |                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:662:40: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘eb_recv’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  662 |   int count = eb_recv(device_data->eb, wb_rd_buffer, sizeof(wb_rd_buffer));
      |                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:143:47: note: expected ‘void *’ but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
  143 | int eb_recv(struct eb_connection *conn, void *bytes, size_t max_len) {
      |                                         ~~~~~~^~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c: In function ‘update_port’:
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:887:29: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘eb_fill_readwrite32’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  887 |         eb_fill_readwrite32(wb_wr_buffer, 0, 0x0, 1);
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:96:33: note: expected ‘uint8_t *’ {aka ‘unsigned char *’} but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
   96 | int eb_fill_readwrite32(uint8_t wb_buffer[20], uint32_t data, uint32_t address, int is_read) {
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:899:24: warning: initialization of ‘__u32 *’ {aka ‘unsigned int *’} from incompatible pointer type ‘pack_mainW_t *’ [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  899 |         __u32* tmp_ptr=&send_payload;
      |                        ^
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:899:9: warning: converting a packed ‘pack_mainW_t’ pointer (alignment 1) to a ‘__u32’ {aka ‘unsigned int’} pointer (alignment 4) may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
  899 |         __u32* tmp_ptr=&send_payload;
      |         ^~~~~
In file included from /tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:12:
/temp/src/colorcnc/colorcnc.h:185:9: note: defined here
  185 | typedef struct __attribute__ ((packed)) {
      |         ^~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:916:38: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘eb_send’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  916 |         res=eb_send(device_data->eb, wb_wr_buffer, num_records_to_write*4+16);
      |                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:137:53: note: expected ‘const void *’ but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:920:16: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘memset’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  920 |         memset(wb_wr_buffer,0,sizeof(wb_wr_buffer));
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:469,
                 from /usr/include/ctype.h:25,
                 from /usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi_ctype.h:19,
                 from /tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:5:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/string_fortified.h:57:1: note: expected ‘void *’ but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
   57 | __NTH (memset (void *__dest, int __ch, size_t __len))
      | ^~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:922:29: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘eb_fill_readwrite32’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  922 |         eb_fill_readwrite32(wb_wr_buffer, 0, 0x0, 1);
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:938:38: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘eb_send’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  938 |         res=eb_send(device_data->eb, wb_wr_buffer, num_records_to_read*4+16);
      |                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:942:46: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘eb_recv’ discards ‘volatile’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  942 |         int count = eb_recv(device_data->eb, wb_rd_buffer, sizeof(wb_rd_buffer));
      |                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:143:47: note: expected ‘void *’ but argument is of type ‘volatile __u8 *’ {aka ‘volatile unsigned char *’}
  143 | int eb_recv(struct eb_connection *conn, void *bytes, size_t max_len) {
      |                                         ~~~~~~^~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:2: colorcnc] Błąd 1

The most important are :
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:20:15: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   20 | MODULE_AUTHOR("romanetz");
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:21:20: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   21 | MODULE_DESCRIPTION("colorcnc board driver");
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:22:16: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before string constant
   22 | MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
      |                ^~~~~
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:29:32: error: expected ‘)’ before numeric constant
   29 | RTAPI_MP_ARRAY_STRING(board_ip, 1, "ip address of ethernet board");
      |                                ^~
      |                                )
/tmp/tmpCaSFMZ/colorcnc.c:32:25: error: expected ‘)’ before string constant
   32 | RTAPI_MP_INT(speedrange, "Speed range 0..3");
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                         )

I try comment out these lines, but I get another errors from linker ...

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds