Linumeric-LPT V3 - Ethernet to LPT controller for LinuxCNC

More
19 Jan 2024 20:05 - 19 Jan 2024 20:06 #291142 by drzasiek90
I added the ability to run on rpi.
A ready-made image of the Debian bookworm system is prepared, which works immediately after being copied to the card.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2024 20:06 by drzasiek90.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Mecanix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2024 20:37 #291145 by Mecanix
Worlds size coolest gizmo, mini-lathe, and video on the entire Internet.

How did you managed to prevent the rigid tapping to randomly M3 after the M4? Some sort of bug in my version of Lcnc i.e. M3-Tap-M4-Tap-M3-M5. Yours seems to work correctly. M3-Tap-M4-Tap-M5. 

And I want that desktop lathe so bad lol. Pay cash. 

More
20 Jan 2024 02:01 #291158 by cakeslob
damn, it looks like i have come competition for the smallest lathe. Ill have to see what I can do about that.

I notice you have quite the small screen. looks a bit bigger, so 1024*600?
I made an axis gui mod for small screens that you might find useful

github.com/cakeslob/regularmac_800

More
20 Jan 2024 11:11 - 20 Jan 2024 11:13 #291187 by drzasiek90
I had to build myself a desktop mini-lathe model because I needed the ability to test my controller on the desk next to the computer (sitting in the workshop is not convenient). Additionally, I don't have a CNC lathe - I didn't need one. I have several milling plotters, with a drag knife, with a laser, but no CNC lathe - only a manual one. Building a full-size CNC lathe just to test the controller on it didn't make sense for now. That's why I built a miniature XZ lathe model with an encoder, PWM spindle control, limit sensors, and motors. It's sufficient for testing :)
At first, I quickly made a model that I could draw with a pen, but it was a bit uncomfortable, I couldn't roll it and it looked bad in the movies :)

Then I decided to build a model that would look a bit better and would allow me to perform simple operations.

Regarding threading. This issue seems to persist. I have the reversal of the rotation direction with a relay, and after threading is finished, you can hear a double click of the relay - first, the relay reversing the rotations clicks, and then the relay turning off the spindle clicks. Is this a significant problem? I think it can be located in the LinuxCNC source code and fixed :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jan 2024 11:13 by drzasiek90.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mecanix

More
20 Jan 2024 11:17 #291188 by drzasiek90
cakeslob
Can you add a PyVCP panel to your version of the Axis panel?

More
20 Jan 2024 11:18 #291190 by Mecanix
I have a 2.2ton lathe at the shop and a 200kg benchtop'ish at home. recently seen a miniature mill-turn not long ago (commercial built) but the guys pre-order and asking ten billion trillion for it so I had to pass.

That video above of the mini doing its thing was just so inspiring. Not sure how else to put it. I think it's great work and was worth it. Kudos.

More
21 Jan 2024 04:45 #291239 by cakeslob

I had to build myself a desktop mini-lathe model because I needed the ability to test my controller on the desk next to the computer

hahaha yeah, i did the same thing. its got everything you need to test with. i made it for a linuxcnc meeting. I dont even know how to use a cnc lathe.

yeah, pyvcp should work. the axis thing is just a usercommand file, so same axis as normal.

More
21 Jan 2024 14:54 #291259 by drzasiek90
Is there somewhere I can see/watch your lathe model?

More
21 Jan 2024 18:16 - 21 Jan 2024 18:17 #291266 by cakeslob
ok, i made to test the remora boards , stepper motors, encoders, spindle encoder and pwm, etc 
It uses thk KR15 linear stages, because it was easy

Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2024 18:17 by cakeslob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
21 Jan 2024 18:52 #291272 by drzasiek90
It looks quite good. It's certainly stiffer than mine, but also larger, heavier, and more expensive :) Have you actually rolled something on it, or is it just for testing movements?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds