5 Axis Stepper board on ebay

More
12 Apr 2011 21:00 #8820 by paul11
Hello again

if your motors are .8 amp I think you might be high on your output settings, if I remember right the lowest setting was 1.5 amps and at 75% was about 2.5 amps.

On the board I had the decay rate settings were very important in getting no lost steps I used either the 25% or 50% setting

in step config I used max step rate 35000hz and set microstepping at 8 on the board dip switches the timing seemed to have alot of room so i used a high number to give me a min base period 28500ns I was using a computer with a max jitter of 7000ns with more jitter you might have to adjust a little more base period

hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2011 21:28 #8821 by paul11
oops
I forgot to answer your question yes my board did have a fan but I did not notice any heat buildup at all. I was using a 36volt power supply with 3amp motors, the board did not like that amount of power, after my experience I read the specs a little more and I think 24volts and 2.5 amps is about the max for this board.

Paul11

More
13 Apr 2011 18:55 #8861 by bvandiepenbos
Thanks Paul, your info is really helpful !!
~*Brian

More
13 Apr 2011 18:58 #8863 by bvandiepenbos
Thank you for your help Andy.
I will do more testing and let you all know what config works best.
~*Brian

More
13 Apr 2011 19:09 #8869 by bvandiepenbos
Andy,
My power supply is 24v 6.5amp
I just guessed at current setting of 75% (not sure if max for this board is 2.5 or 3 amps)

Motor specs are .8 A / Phase....
does that mean total motor current is 2X that ?? ( 1.6 A )

Motors are 6 wire, I am using only 4, center tap wires are not connected.

Thanks,
~*Brian

More
13 Apr 2011 19:57 #8878 by paul11
Hi again
I think you see the chip output of the driver board is 2x your motor amp at the lowest setting. You might have a problem and you might not (note here I blew my driver board) if it works I would use it, if not you might need bigger motors 1.5amp motors are fairly cheap. I think you have your motor wired correctly from the drawing I looked at they will only work one way.

Learning is an adventure Paul11

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds