Fanuc Robodrill AlphaT10C -- Retrofit -- Help

More
16 Jun 2013 20:47 #35706 by prashant
AndyPugh wrote:

No, it means that you need to use something faster than a PC parallel port to count the pulses that the Pico encoder converter sends out. Something like the Pico servo controller seems ideal...

Jmelson wrote:

Right, the converter's lowest rate of quadrature output is 500 K counts/second. So, you can't count that with software. It would not make sense to try to count a 64K count/rev encoder at low rates, the PID would get so far behind the actual position.

Ok! So this is how it will work for me?

PC --> Universal PWM Servo Controller --> PWM Servo Amplifier --> fanuc motor --> fanuc encoder --> Fanuc Encoder Converter --> Universal PWM Servo Controller --> PC

What about power supply? and spinde / spindle drive? can i use my current one.

Also, now that we know the requirment. May i get a formal Quotation for the complete Controller box with all internal wiring done. ( i have very less exprience and dont want to take the risk of connecting these parts at my end)

one more thing i am confused about is the mesa hardware. Where does it comes into picture? And why are we (PICO) using a paraport to connect pc to servo controller?

like the mesa 5I25 uses PCI Superport. What is the difference?

Prashant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2013 23:03 #35715 by jmelson

Ok! So this is how it will work for me?

PC --> Universal PWM Servo Controller --> PWM Servo Amplifier --> fanuc motor --> fanuc encoder --> Fanuc Encoder Converter --> Universal PWM Servo Controller --> PC

Yes, that is how it works.

What about power supply? and spinde / spindle drive? can i use my current one.

Possibly. Our servo amplifiers would need about 100 - 120 V DC to run these motors.

Also, now that we know the requirment. May i get a formal Quotation for the complete Controller box with all internal wiring done. ( i have very less exprience and dont want to take the risk of connecting these parts at my end)

No, I don't make these complete systems. It is just too difficult, as every unit is different,
and I have to design a box to suit that one customer. I do have sample wiring diagrams
online.

one more thing i am confused about is the mesa hardware. Where does it comes into picture? And why are we (PICO) using a paraport to connect pc to servo controller?

If you use the Pico Systems hardware, you would not need any Mesa parts. If you were to use Mesa,
you would not need any Pico Systems parts. The PC parallel port is a simple communications channel
that has been around a long time. It permits 1.5 megabyte/second communication between the
PC and the attached device. It also means you don't have to open up the PC, avoids occasional
problems with plug-n-play enumeration, and provides some isolation between the PC and the
machine tool. (Not to say it is galvanically isolated, it is not.) PCs are now moving to PCI-E,
but the parallel port remains. Yes, the PCI is faster, but the parallel port works for these
type of controls.

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds