MC 500V Minimaster retrofit

More
26 Jan 2016 23:43 - 26 Jan 2016 23:51 #69138 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic MC 500V Minimaster retrofit
Your limits wil be either 12 or 24 vdc , if you have 110 ac on them, something is very wrong. Last I checked the 7i77 did not support 12v encoders, in addition, you will have to set the jumpers for single end encoders. Can you post a picture of the encoder and its info from its id plate? What amc drives are you using? Did you build a dc power supply for the drives? Your original drives were scr and ran off ac, the yaskaw motors are 100vdc.

You might also consider taking the motor, drive , supply and computer and set it up on a bench, wire the motor and enable the drive, apply a small voltage from a battery to the drive, see if the motor turns. Once you have the drive motor chain working, hook the EMC up to the drive and try to see if you can jog it. Then tune it.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 23:51 by JR1050.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ldguinn1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2016 04:18 #69146 by Ldguinn1
Ok i'll answer in order,

The label on the limit switch reads 110/220, I am going to try 24v this weekend.

I cant find whether they do or not, Though I read somewhere that they the 7i77 outputs 5v, but doesnt say anything about the input from the encoder. purchased one of these from automation direct:
FC-ISO-C SIG COND & ISOLATOR FREQ TO 1MHz 4.5-26VDC IN / 5-36VDC OUT 35mm DIN
but have yet to try it yet.

Pics of the encoder

The AMC drivwe is a b30a8. Working off a small 48v DC supply for now until i can get some knid of respnse from computer on the encoders and limit switches.

I beleive the Motors are a max of 67v. I'll post a pic of the data plate when I get back to the shop on fri.

Well as far as the computer I think it may be a large part of the problem so it looks like a new mobo/cpu combo coming.Current system lost bios today, its an amd apu been kind of a pain since i put it together. So 1 step forward , 2 back.

Bench testing is on the agenda once the new computer is put together.

More
27 Jan 2016 15:11 #69163 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic MC 500V Minimaster retrofit
The limits are 24 v, as shown on the diagram. The 7i77 will not like ac on its inputs!!! The motors are 100v, while the drive manual is not available for the drives you have, the "k" series manual is , it lists the motors and is full of info. The b30a8 is a drive for brushless motors , it can be used with brush motors , but there are some provisions that have to be met. The tachs from the motors originally went to the control, then out to the drives, some wire tracing will be in order. The amc drive you have will over voltage at 88 v, been there tried that one. I have a pile of regular 30a8....

More
31 Jan 2016 03:37 #69298 by Ldguinn1
So even though the data plate on the motor says 68 volts, they are actually 100v? I wouldn't put ac to the 7i77 . Havent been able to work on it this weekend, will try tomorrow.

More
03 Feb 2016 22:18 #69530 by Ldguinn1
ok I have encoder readings, scale not correct, but got something. started to hook up the motor and it just runs away, was lucky to stop it. so Im guessing the signal from lcnc getting through 7i77 causing this. no voltage at the card output to the motor, and the encoder seems to be going just one direction, but hey, got movement, and some counting...

More
03 Feb 2016 22:51 #69532 by PCW

More
05 Feb 2016 00:23 #69627 by Ldguinn1
That helped, can jog and see index pulse, and A pulse, however i get no b pulse, I can jog the axis so thats another step forward.

More
13 Mar 2016 20:02 #71582 by Ldguinn1
Sorry for my delays,, way too much stuff going on.
Encoders still acting flaky, maybe I can find a replacement? Im sure its just my setup but still a pain.Limit switches still not done. this is a slow process

More
12 Jul 2016 18:01 #77353 by Ldguinn1
Replaced the stock encoders with 5v ones had to make a mount but works great. now on to the spindle.
cross referencing the wiring on the VFD it looks like I have about 4 connections from the 7i77 to make.

wire 16= forward run / stop command should go to hal pin
wire D1 =external fault input
wire 32 =external baseblock?
wire 1 = master speed frequency reference input +/-10v should go to Aout
wire 2= control common

so what i think is my enable should go to d1 and 32, Aout to wire 1 , forward run to 16, reverse run to a new wire, I'm probably over simplifying.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds