What hardware do I need, exactly

More
28 Sep 2017 18:12 #99571 by charliem
Huh. Thank you for the detail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2017 01:46 #99656 by charliem
Plasmas have no resistance forces from dragging a cutting bit through material X, right. Plus they wouldn't need to be stiff enough to not deflect under those loads so the gantry is lighter in every sense of the word, too.

Well shoot, I was hoping to get all the electronics figured out so that I could start shopping for deals, but it sounds like I might actually need to build the bed, gantry, and get a spindle mounted in order to figure out actual weights and that et cetera first. Feh. What was it that general once said? Something about battle plans not surviving first contact with the enemy...

More
21 Apr 2018 10:37 #109383 by vlgajjar
I am noob in this field, just curious question,

can we use standard servo motors with Linux CNC? Like servo motors from Yashkawa, Siemens, Bosch Rexroth, etc? If yes then does anyone have ready made controller with list of required hardware to run 3, 4, 5 axis machines using such servo motors including linear motors in guide ways?

More
21 Apr 2018 14:24 #109393 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, but for traditional analog controlled servos you will need an encoder counter and dac such as a Mesa 7i77
The following user(s) said Thank You: vlgajjar

More
15 Dec 2021 16:05 #229140 by orhan_izmir
intel i3-10320 chipsett=13pxmsi H410m-Apro motherboradhp 8gb ram 7EH64AA 3000Mhz.

sata 320 gb hard disk.
we have a problem in a new computer we can not install linux 2.8.2 new version or old version .
is there any one to know how can we install .so we load program linuxcnc 2.8.2 on usb it does not boot it.we need help.from turkey/izmir.

orhan 

More
15 Dec 2021 17:00 #229146 by Todd Zuercher
I am not up to date with the installation issues with new releases and new pc hardware. But I did read something about removing and reinserting the USB drive to work around some bug. Try searching the internet for installation issues pertaining to the specific Linux distro you are using and your specific hardware.

More
16 Dec 2021 10:14 #229183 by orhan_izmir
so thank you for yours speed answer.but 2 cumputer guys says we cant it .same computer with new m2 ssd cards already install windows 10.

More
16 Dec 2021 11:52 #229188 by tommylight
Use win32diskimager to write the image/iso to USB.
On the PC, enter the BIOS and set it to boot from USB, disable UEFI and secure boot.

More
20 Dec 2021 08:40 #229546 by orhan_izmir
we try lik that but booth not working we think about msi is problem.or isthere any ather problem

More
20 Dec 2021 10:04 #229547 by rodw

Use win32diskimager to write the image/iso to USB.
On the PC, enter the BIOS and set it to boot from USB, disable UEFI and secure boot.

Recently win32diskimager let me down for the first time  I used Rufus which did the job. UEFI is less of an issue with Debian 11. (No issue for me)
The following user(s) said Thank You: orhan_izmir

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds