HURCO BMC-20P retrofit

More
02 Aug 2022 12:27 #248832 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic HURCO BMC-20P retrofit
Tommy,

Does your BMC have the 2 speed spindle motor on it ? The one that changes speed from the change in motor windings ?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 17:33 #248855 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic HURCO BMC-20P retrofit
Not that i am (was) aware of.

More
02 Aug 2022 17:34 #248857 by Jake
Thanks!! I need to figure out the electric winding change two speed on my machine

More
02 Aug 2022 20:16 #248862 by smc.collins
Replied by smc.collins on topic HURCO BMC-20P retrofit
what's the spindle controller part number, sounds like your in jog mode, i can get the manual if you need it
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Aug 2022 20:39 #248865 by Jake
Thanks SMC,

I have the manual, it is not in jog mode. My spindle motor and drive has a contactor to change winding configuration when the contactor closes it switches the winding configuration so the motor will run slower. This is only for under 500rpm, I have not dealt with in a a long time as I normally run over 500rpm, there is a project coming in that requires deep boring that will be slow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Aug 2022 22:50 #248879 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic HURCO BMC-20P retrofit
This might help (or it might not) 

Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2022 01:52 - 03 Aug 2022 02:03 #248891 by smc.collins
I am very curious about your spindle now, because AFAIK these use the cimr mt III yasakwa AC servo spindle motor controls, there is a low and high speed contactor for 2 sets of windings, it's towards the bottom of the manual, but that's usually only on the 15kw and up drives AFAICT, I have both, I can check in the morning if you like, both machines are untouched. if you need any pictures of them lmk I can post them for you

wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/_media/equi...indle_fvd_manual.pdf
Last edit: 03 Aug 2022 02:03 by smc.collins.

More
04 Aug 2022 19:09 #249064 by Jake
This is my spindle drive, 11k VS-626MT III , with the optional 2 motor winding selection.  You can see the winding selection contactor in the lower portion of the picture.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2022 23:35 - 04 Aug 2022 23:35 #249086 by smc.collins
I would have to look over the manual again, but that looks to be controlled by the servo drive unless I am misreading the schematics. All you have to do is pick which Gear enable you want to use on the input side. 
Last edit: 04 Aug 2022 23:35 by smc.collins.

More
11 Jul 2023 23:31 #275244 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic HURCO BMC-20P retrofit
I was called to fix this, again!
It looks grim for now, 7i92 was taken by someone last year, this year they lost the 7i77 as it was inside the Elumatec for testing a while back, and they lost a whole motor with coupler! Damn, some people have no respect for machines at all. The amount of metal dust on it was huge.
Ordered some Mesa boards from www.eusurplus.com and 2 of 7i96S from www.welectron.com so in the meantime i might yank out the 7i92 and 7i77 from my Mazak. Also ordered a 750W china drive and motor and a 15KW cheap china VFD.
The existing Yaskawa spindle drive does not turn on at all on first try, but it does on second try, sometimes with F600 error and sometimes it just works and jogs happily.
The PC and power supply are also dead but the monitor works.
Tomorrow, most probably, changing the PC, testing the state of Argon drives, jogging the spindle since i forgot how to run if from the panel.
Oh joy ... :)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds