Another Elumatec SBZ130

More
19 Jan 2021 23:01 #195934 by Benno
Replied by Benno on topic Another Elumatec SBZ130
Hello thank you for your reply, I'm sorry for my late feedback. Happy New Year.
The last weeks I changed the air tubes, the electronics and I tried to calibrate the short x-axis. With the calibrating I have some troubles. I have found your note of calibrating. The encoders start working at approximately 8V, I power them now with 11V.
Sometimes the raw data jumps some hundred counts up and back. The 22 Bit should be ok, I have checked it with my oscilloscope (Data+, CLK+). I always get a joint following error, sometimes strait after enabling the machine.
What do you think (and other people), is the encoder broken or a connection problem?
On the x and z axis there is a 1024x64 encoder on the y-axis a 4096x4096 (I think it is not original). For testing I changed the frequency to 100kHz.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 23:28 #195938 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Another Elumatec SBZ130
Did you download my config from the original retrofit for comparison ?
And stick to that tutorial, it was written on that machine! :)
If you suspect the encoder, try tuning the other axis and see how they behave.
As for encoders, pretty sure the + from encoder goes to - on Mesa 7i74, the signal wires i mean, and vice versa and i vaguely recal that causing me quite some headache with jumping counts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benno

More
20 Jan 2021 22:44 #196032 by Benno
Juhu!! I swapped the wires, and it worked, you are great!!
In the middle of the movement, the rowcount value jumped between very high and very low, and I got a joint following error. I drove the axis in the end position, dismounted the encoder and turned it by hand to a low value. After build all together, I had may first reference run without an error!:woohoo:
With your help I had in 20 minutes more success than the last two days!
Tomorrow I will start wiring and testing the other axis.
Yes, I am testing with your config files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
21 Jan 2021 00:12 #196040 by tommylight
Nice, i am glad you are having such success! :)

More
24 Jan 2021 23:01 #196480 by Benno
Hello,
one success and many errors! :-) I'm slowly get confusing.
The encoder on the y-axis is, not as I described, a 1024x4096, but that doesn't matter now. On the x-axis encoder I got a good result with 100kHz, so I tried it for the y-axis too, but after changing the SSI frequency from 200kHZ (of your (tommylight) config) to 100kHz, the counts of the x-axis starts to run away. (y changed --> x doesn't work anymore??) Then I tried once again changing the wires, no success.
After installing LinuxCnc ( LinuxCNC 2.8.0 Debian 10 Buster PREEMPT-RT), I run apt-get upgrade. Could it be that something went wrong?
Do you have an idea or anybody else?

More
25 Jan 2021 00:11 #196493 by tommylight
I would not advise to change the frequency under any circumstances, that was the factory preset on the old controls.
The only settings that can be changed regarding the Serial Absolute encoders used on that machine is the number of bits in the loadrt line.
Upgrading Linux will replace the real time kernel, so check with
uname -a
and if it has no RT in the name, reboot and hold down the Shift button on the keyboard till the Grub menu shows then select a kernel with RT and/or Preempt in the name.
To avoid such issues use this
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Did you make a new config or using the ready one? The one i uploaded might have issues as it is not the last one used on the machine, it was one of the test configs.
Can you zip and upload the config here ?

More
26 Jan 2021 11:04 - 26 Jan 2021 11:05 #196611 by Benno
Hello,
thank you for trying to help.
The uname -a gives: "Linux SBZ130 4.19.0-11-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 4.19.146-1 (2020-09-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux"
Here are the config files which I last tested. I just changed to the 7i66, and played a little bit with the SSI freqency and the bits.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2021 11:05 by Benno.

More
04 Feb 2021 20:54 #197682 by Benno
Hello,
a little update. As far as I can tell, the encoders are working. :-)
I always had fluctuations in the counter values ​​and suspected faults in the breakout board used. I crimped the RJ45 connector directly onto the encoder cable and the errors were over. Until I switched on the spindle :-(, one joint following error after the other.
Long story short, the parallel port cable that I bought with the electronics has no shielding, after I have replaced it with an old one, it works.

Now it's about the servomotors. The x-axis is not yet calibrated but does what it should. The y and z axes are a little strange. When I turn on they start to drive slowly. Pressing the jog buttons does not lead to any significant change.
I hope I still have it right in my head, for example the z-axis, has an analog output of 0.008 when the jog button + is pressed this does not change, when the jog button - the value changes to -0.008.
Can it be that the PID controller does not update? At least I expected an increase in value.
I would be very happy if someone has an idea! :-)

I don't dare to test the long x-axis yet, because the second half has not yet been mounted and therefore no stops

More
04 Feb 2021 22:51 #197691 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Another Elumatec SBZ130
I would first verify expected analog outputs with the analog
outputs disconnected from the drives. Low outputs could
be caused by a PID parameter, hal connection, or wiring error

More
05 Feb 2021 20:52 #197769 by Benno
Hello PCW,
Thank you for your help. I found a small difference between the other axes and the x-axis:
net y-vel-cmd => pid.y.command-deriv
(also for z, u)
After I commented out the line, everything moved nicely :-) but still not calibrated.
I'll try the long x axis next week.:unsure:
Also a big thank you to Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds