Sinumerik controlpanel with Linux CNC

More
03 Mar 2021 20:19 #200936 by andypugh

Charlieplexing sounds interesting - but it has the limitation for one led at a time.

Typically you cycle between them very rapidly (and over-drive them) and use persistence of vision to make it look like they are all lit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2021 18:31 #201459 by JimPanski
Yes of course. Like on the 7 seg. LED displays..

Do you may have ideas how its possible to use this mpi bus type of panel?

BR
Conny

More
08 Mar 2021 19:03 #201467 by andypugh
Google tells me that MPI is RS485. So some sort of protocol analyser (wireshark?) might help figure it out.

More
09 Mar 2021 07:13 #201520 by Mike_Eitel
Mpi has quite some common part with old profibus. Can't remember witch one is a subset of the other. Mpi is newer, think it has more possibilities.

More
09 Mar 2021 17:47 #201572 by JimPanski
As far a I could read MPI and PB profocols are mostly the same and only few bits should different. On the MPI HW side there is mostly no galvanic isolation as found in PB.

After lot of googling I think this is way over my head. As the programmer of pyprofibus stated this MPI connection will surely not work with his software. Wireshark will also not work. If my understanding is correct a RS485 sniffer tool is needed. Problem is also that I dont know how this would be used :/
So I am afraid I have to go the Mesa way...

More
09 Mar 2021 19:38 #201590 by Mike_Eitel
Don't know how it is today, but in the old (Siemens) days these protokoll have been kept for few eyes only behind locked doors. I remember they are subset of the secret s5 programming interface.

More
09 Mar 2021 22:17 #201607 by Mud
Beckhoff manage both profibus and profinet.

More
11 Mar 2021 07:23 #201778 by JimPanski
Thats right, but those communication terminals are hard to get working with lcec first of all. Then on this particular machine I am using Mesa Hardware, so it´s also not the straight forward soution. Maybe in this case better to use sserial HW (maybe Mesa or even arduino/stm stuff with a matrix type panel).
Nevertheless it would be very interesting to get those types of panels working with lcnc.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds