Decke Maho DMC100V Possibility of retrofitting

More
05 Nov 2023 16:18 - 05 Nov 2023 16:19 #284637 by SOLD
I'm planning a retrofit. It has the original controller iTNC 530 with SIMODRIVE611.

iTNC 530 it sends 3PWM to SIMODRIVE611 at X111 and X112
I checked the document and it looked like 2 things. Wring diagram

I am interested in using
1.SoftDMC What Mesa cards does this support? I have a 7i95t, 7i96s, 7i92. If it works where can I find the firmware?
2.3ppwmgen Will this work with 7i96S?
Which of the two is possible or is there a way to do it? (I understand that you need to use a feedback encoder.)

Thank you for your support.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2023 16:19 by SOLD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2023 15:23 #284709 by andypugh
Why SoftDMC? It's not really supported by LinuxCNC (in fact I think it takes the place of LinuxCNC).

I would suggest discussing with Mesa whether LinuxCNC or softDMC better fit your needs.

I think that it is probably possible to run tppwmgen on a 7i96s by re-purposing step and did outputs as PWM channels.
But: the 7i96 only has 10 high-speed step/dir output lines, which might not be enough if the drives need all six channels to be driven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SOLD

More
06 Nov 2023 16:01 #284715 by SOLD
I follow SoftDMC information. But I still don't understand much. Because there is little published information. If I'm like you, I'll have to put it on hold for now.

3ppwmgen concept Is it possible with 7i95t? It might be enough for 3 axis. and 1 spindle And there is also an encoder available. For motor speed encoder and linea encoder position May need to add 7I85S for spindle.

But I still need to check the signal from the Heidenhai encoder. According to the documents, it doesn't use ABZ. I still need to find a supported mesagar.

For testing on 7i96S 1Axis or 7i95T, is special firmware required for 3ppwmgen?

More
06 Nov 2023 17:52 #284723 by tommylight

For testing on 7i96S 1Axis or 7i95T, is special firmware required for 3ppwmgen?

Yes, but there might already be something ready as this subject has come up here several times before.
Flashing firmware on mesa boards is very easy, a single line.
Mesa 7i96S and Mesa 7i85S will do 9 step/dir (or PWM with modified firmware) and can be found easily, but you should wait for PCW to confirm the PWM part.

More
06 Nov 2023 18:06 #284724 by PCW
I suspect the issue to getting those drives to work is that the controller was probably
providing the torque ( current ) control loop. That is, there appears to be analog current
feedback from the drive. This is similar to Fanuc drives of the same vintage. At one time I had
started the design of a interface board for the Fanuc drive but never finished it.
It had the drivers for the differential  PWM the Fanuc uses and the 2 channels of A-D
for the current feedback.

I suspect its easier to just replace the drives/motors, unless you want to deep-dive
in to a fairly complex project.

More
07 Nov 2023 15:53 - 07 Nov 2023 15:55 #284789 by SOLD

Yes, but there might already be something ready as this subject has come up here several times before.
Flashing firmware on mesa boards is very easy, a single line.
Mesa 7i96S and Mesa 7i85S will do 9 step/dir (or PWM with modified firmware) and can be found easily, but you should wait for PCW to confirm the PWM part.

I searched with 3ppwmgen keywords and found only forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/4900...-bridge-fanuc#270583
I'll search for the firmware or example you said. With what?
thank you
Last edit: 07 Nov 2023 15:55 by SOLD.

More
07 Nov 2023 16:21 - 07 Nov 2023 16:22 #284792 by SOLD

I suspect the issue to getting those drives to work is that the controller was probably
providing the torque ( current ) control loop. That is, there appears to be analog current
feedback from the drive. This is similar to Fanuc drives of the same vintage. At one time I had
started the design of a interface board for the Fanuc drive but never finished it.
It had the drivers for the differential  PWM the Fanuc uses and the 2 channels of A-D
for the current feedback.

I suspect its easier to just replace the drives/motors, unless you want to deep-dive
in to a fairly complex project.

Replacing the motor may be a last resort as it is large and very expensive.
I took out the SIMODRIVE611 piece. Found the IGBT part. It doesn't look very complicated. So the idea was to test it out before replacing it.
I used to do STMBL. and it may be adapted for use. But there is a problem with IPM 1200v
So I want to experiment with 3ppwmgen. Hope you support the 7i95t firmware again like you did in the past. 7i95t_5abobd

Thank you for your support.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Nov 2023 16:22 by SOLD.

More
07 Nov 2023 16:56 #284795 by tommylight

More
07 Nov 2023 21:33 #284825 by PCW
I can make tpwmgen firmware for the 7I95T when I get a chance
Note that without an A-D and current control Operation would not be ideal

A better solution would be something like STMBL but just the control part

More
10 Nov 2023 10:32 #285018 by SOLD

I can make tpwmgen firmware for the 7I95T when I get a chance
Note that without an A-D and current control Operation would not be ideal

A better solution would be something like STMBL but just the control part

I've been doing STMBL for a while now.

I searched for an IPM 600V using the FNA25012A, but I was sent non-ordered products twice by Chinese sellers, so I thought this product was no longer available. So I haven't continued with it yet.

Anyway, I still want to test it. 3PWM Run in V/F mode for the spindle. Because I can't find a large IPM.
Attachments:

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds