Old Wabeco CNC mill

More
23 Mar 2024 06:35 #296570 by Kandu
Replied by Kandu on topic Old Wabeco CNC mill
I have also found this device that was connected to the end of the parallel port cable that came with the machine, no idea what it is, cant really see what is written on the sticker either,  the best I can see is HSE PClathe dongle, MillPlus ?

I am starting to think it may be safer to get new drivers and start from scratch, I cannot find any Information on the Wabeco board in regards to how the pc is to be connected to the CNC, or any wiring information. I also have the spindle/motor controller to sort out, ill start a new topic on that one.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2024 08:50 #296571 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Old Wabeco CNC mill

I am starting to think it may be safer to get new drivers and start from scratch

That would be my approach for sure.

More
23 Mar 2024 10:36 #296573 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Old Wabeco CNC mill
This is one of the cases where it does not pay to keep the old drives, rarely happens to me, but i was being polite.
Get new cheap so called TB6600 drives, they will be much better than existing L297/298 combo that can only do full and half step, so lots of vibrations from motors.
I think i still have a full drawer of those L297/298 and some unipolar drives that i never bothered using.

More
24 Mar 2024 02:41 #296608 by Kandu
Replied by Kandu on topic Old Wabeco CNC mill
Thank you all for the help guys, I have a few TB6600 drivers ordered, and a breakout board, hopefully I got the right stuff,

set of 4 TB6600

Breakout Board

Its unfortunate that I couldn't get the stock stuff working, but hopefully I can get a better setup with new drivers and I can add in a couple other features.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds