New CAM tutorial with Free Software

More
13 Nov 2018 23:22 #120632 by andypugh

That's exactly what I did. STEP file export. But now I'm trying to learn some F360 basics to flip and twist my model so that it's oriented properly in F360. It's standing on end in there now. LOL

Don't worry about that, you get to choose the machining coordinate system in the CAM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2018 16:01 #120685 by hatch789
well I qualified for the free license and installed F360 last night. Now I am like a newb trying to learn how to do what I need to do with this. It's quite different from On-Shape and also from Solidworks so back to square 1. But if this CAM lets me do what I need to do that will be great, so I'll learn it.

Thanks for the suggestions and the help so far guys!

More
14 Nov 2018 20:01 #120694 by bevins

well I qualified for the free license and installed F360 last night. Now I am like a newb trying to learn how to do what I need to do with this. It's quite different from On-Shape and also from Solidworks so back to square 1. But if this CAM lets me do what I need to do that will be great, so I'll learn it.

Thanks for the suggestions and the help so far guys!

Don't worry about the orientation in fusion360. You set the origin in how you want to cut it in the CAM.
I am pretty sure Fusion360 will be able to do what you want.

More
14 Nov 2018 21:03 #120700 by hatch789
Yeah I saw that I could set the origin but the part didn't flip around like I wanted it to. Also I didn't have a "table" showing my my CAM setup like it shows in the tutorials. They show the mill table and vise or fasteners holding the part down.

Granted I just started messing with it yesterday but it seems I'm missing something important in my CAM setup.

More
14 Nov 2018 21:15 #120701 by andypugh

Granted I just started messing with it yesterday but it seems I'm missing something important in my CAM setup.

Probably literally the "setup"

In the setup section of the CAM you set the stock orientation and also the XYZ for the machining ops.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds