free CadCam software tryout

More
01 Aug 2020 14:30 - 01 Aug 2020 14:38 #176787 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic free CadCam software tryout
Hi Reinhard,

Yes, I wrote a replacement for axis
Respect !! A few day's ago i went trough your github code a little bit.

I was curious. A few weeks ago i did my first Java program with Netbeans. It's used for autonesting. So i can do a very little bit
of java at the moment.

In your source code. Can you point me to the location where you send the linux nml commands. I want to test if i can do the same with c++. Maybe you can give me some advice where to start to save time. And works it without a linux rip install?
Thanks in advanche.

The purpose of all of this is to provide a Qt c++ template interface for linuxcnc.
This would be usefull for students and some programmers around here. Maybe i can provide some ethercat based example's with it.

Added slave axis support today for x,y,z, this for windows mach3 users :laugh:
github.com/grotius-cnc/QT_CadCam_rev0/releases

sample of dxf drawing in librecad :

sample after autonesting, and jobs for : pocket milling, drill hole's (blue) and plasma contour cut.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Aug 2020 14:38 by Grotius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2020 15:06 - 01 Aug 2020 15:13 #176791 by Reinhard

A few weeks ago i did my first Java program with Netbeans.

Yes, I saw it at github. I rarely use netbeans. Eclipse is faster and more powerful.
But netbeans has some functionality eclipse does not offer, so I have to use netbeans too ;)

I want to test if i can do the same with c++. Maybe you can give me some advice where to start to save time.

Well, nml from java is much more complicated, as doing it from c++. For Java I needed to create C-stubs as native extension, which get loaded by the java runtime (outside of my app).
For any C++ application its quite easy to workout.
src/emc/usr_intf/axis/extensions/emcmodule.cc
is a good starting point (linuxcnc sources from github).
If you build your app with static linking, than you're independant of the installation variant of linuxcnc.

And works it without a linux rip install?

My java app does not work without a linuxcnc rip install, as it uses dynamic linked libraries.
May be I can change it, when 2.8 has been done. Don't know.
Currently I use linuxcnc master and don't want to touch this issue until 2.8 is out.

The purpose of all of this is to provide a Qt c++ template interface for linuxcnc.

You should give linuxcnc a closer look.
Qt is already supported as window toolkit and there are several Qt-applications working as fully functional axis replacement.
So you should not have to bother with nml yourself.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2020 15:13 by Reinhard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds