My CAD / CAM research

More
13 Feb 2021 09:25 #198656 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic My CAD / CAM research
In Autodesk's words, the 10 editable documents is meant to add 'a little bit of friction', but it shouldn't stop you doing anything (just enable/disable designs as necessary). That said, yup...hard to forgive intentional annoyance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2021 12:52 #198673 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic My CAD / CAM research

Mud wrote: In Autodesk's words, the 10 editable documents is meant to add 'a little bit of friction', but it shouldn't stop you doing anything (just enable/disable designs as necessary). That said, yup...hard to forgive intentional annoyance.

thin edge of the wedge principle.... sure there will be another change in the next 6-12m

hence why I decided to break with fusion, and start to use freecad...

sure it's better than freecad.... but as a hobbyist earning nothing from my hobby I can't justify the ongoing cost

More
13 Feb 2021 14:51 #198679 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic My CAD / CAM research
I was going to say there were other changes that annoy me more, but I just checked and the simulation workspace seems to be back (at least for the quick static FE I just did)...so that's nice.

I'm still using it on and off because I have spent the time learning it and it's convenient, but I'm using it less and not following the changes, or relying on it or trying to learn more. I'm not turning my back on it out of principle, since for free it's an unbeatable deal, even if it used to be better...

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds