CNC Machine with Resolver (7i49)

More
14 Jun 2013 18:48 - 14 Jun 2013 18:56 #35620 by simon n.
Hello,

we tried to build a new Firmware for our CNC machine with the Software "ISE" from Xilinx.

We used following link as a guide for it:"tom-itx.dyndns.org:81/~webpage/emc/xilin...nx_install_index.php"

but we can not compile our .vhd file to a XML, PIN and BIT file because the "build_bit.sh" is not working, it always says :"make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop. make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop." in the terminal.

Can you tell us how you compiled your origin (file from PCW) file to a XML,PIN and BIT file?

I will add our .vhd file, maybe you can also tell us if its right configured for two 7i37 one 7i48 and one 7i49 mesa card?!

We want the first slot on the FPGA card for the resolver-card (7i49), the second for the encoder-card(7i48) and the last two slots for the digital IO cards (7i37).

Adding files is not working i guess or i just dont know how to use it properly so i uploaded it somewhere else: "www.file-upload.net/download-7713118/PIN...I49_7I48_96.vhd.html"

Best regards

Simon N.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2013 18:56 by simon n..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2013 20:49 #35622 by PCW
The build script/ makefile would need some changes to use the latest source
for building something with the resolver interface, I would use the latest source:

www..mesanet.com/software/parallel/5i22.zip

In the configs/hostmot2/source directory of that zip file is
hostmot2.zip which contains the latest hostmot2 sources

There is a project file for 5I22 configs (fivei22.xise) which will need ISE => 13
in that zipfile for doing a build via the GUI.

More
14 Jun 2013 20:57 #35624 by cncbasher
did you modify the firmware.txt file for your build ?
it looks like a path problem you have

More
14 Jun 2013 23:24 #35636 by simon n.
Hi,

the firmware.txt just declares which exact .vhd file you want to compile. Thats at least what i get when i read the instructions of tom. If you delete it the .sh file it would compile every .vhd file in the same folder, i guess, but it would still work! It would just take much more time then with the firmware.txt .

@PCW

The link isn't working for me, but we already downloaded the folder "5i22" (with the latest hostmot2 sources) which contains the configs-->source folder with many diffrent .vhd files. We took one of this files and copied from another .vhd file so that we could build the uploaded file from my last post. It is meant to fit in our machine with the 3 types of mesa cards, we just need to compile that .vhd file to a PIN,XML and BIT file.

Maybe your're right, perhaps it will work with ISE 13, we didn't look for the fivei22.xise file until now.

Thanks for your reply!

Greetings

Simon N.

More
14 Jun 2013 23:35 - 15 Jun 2013 03:34 #35638 by PCW
that source will only work with the GUI build method, not the build script (without a lot of work on the script)

edit, also why are rebuilding this from source? its a fair amount of trouble without a lot of benefit
Last edit: 15 Jun 2013 03:34 by PCW.

More
18 Jun 2013 16:34 - 18 Jun 2013 19:59 #35774 by simon n.
Hi,

we don't know any way to build the firmware, beside of the tutorial from the link i posted. If we use ISE 13 what do we have to do there? Do we have to programm something or just compile the .vhd files we copied together.

Is there any tutorial to build a firmware with ISE 13?

Would be a great help if we don't have to teach it all by ourselves!

Greetings

Simon N.
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 19:59 by simon n..

More
18 Jun 2013 20:21 #35782 by PCW
I am still not sure why you want to build the firmware yourself,
the bitfile I compiled should work properly.

If you want to rebuild it you load the fivei22 project in the GUI
and make sure the correct sized FPGA is selected, then edit the top level file (Top9054HostMot2,vhd) to select the desired pinout file and 5I22 card file, and compile

I probably have not updated the mesa source package with the proper PINXXX file for the 7I48/7I49 combination so I would have to do that before you proceed

More
18 Jun 2013 22:35 #35785 by simon n.
Hello PCW,

I am still not sure why you want to build the firmware yourself,
the bitfile I compiled should work properly.

It seems your bitfile is configured on first two sockets (2+3) for the 7i49 and the 7i48. The other sockets are not available in Pncconf.

But we need also the other two sockets (4+5) for the two 7i37 for our digital in- and outputs. In our humble opinion the vhd-file should be something like this: www.file-upload.net/download-7713118/PIN...I49_7I48_96.vhd.html

Best regards

Simon N.

More
18 Jun 2013 22:45 #35786 by andypugh

It seems your bitfile is configured on first two sockets (2+3) for the 7i49 and the 7i48. The other sockets are not available in Pncconf. .

I think it is going to be easier to edit your own HAL file than to edit your own bitfile.

More
18 Jun 2013 23:27 #35787 by PCW
P4 and P5 are available as GPIO
(P4 = GPIO 48 through 71, P5 = GPIO 72 through 95)

GPIO is the appropriate interface for the 7I37s

You will need to set GPIOs 64 though 71 and GPIOs 88 through 95
to output mode to work properly with the 7I37s
(see hostmot2 man for how to do this if pncconf wont)
The following user(s) said Thank You: simon n.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds