Whole GUI hangs up

More
11 Mar 2018 17:55 #107226 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Whole GUI hangs up
Hard to tell but could be mechanical or temperature related

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2018 18:13 - 18 Mar 2018 18:19 #107503 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic Whole GUI hangs up
So I updated linuxcnc. I'm now on 2.8.0 pre1-3669. Btw, I don't follow what is the latest version?? Isn't current release 2.7.12? I basically follow the updating linuxcnc tutorial using the synaptic manager. Anyway, I now get a low lube error at start up. Reservoir is full and that part of my hal didn't change. Before I go reversing input states, is this a bug?

To get back on topic, I was able to replicate my previous lock up just before upgrading as a test. Axis became unresponsive mainly during fast clicking between man and mdi tab and sometimes when spindle was not at speed during execution of a linear move ex. going from X0 to -6 at F20.

Dmesg message was same as before.

After upgrading linuxcnc, behavior was different. Same test. Instead of becoming completely unresponsive, The man and mdi tabs would gray out and come back after the move was completed.

Dmesg shows similar messsage. See the attached.

The odd thing is other than during the fast tab clicking everything seems to operate correctly.
I'm prepared to get new hardware if indeed that's the issue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 18:19 by OT-CNC. Reason: attachment

More
18 Mar 2018 18:38 #107504 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Whole GUI hangs up
What PC hardware do you have?

More
18 Mar 2018 19:13 #107506 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic Whole GUI hangs up
It's a dell optiplex755. In fact it's the same one from back then
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3216...hut-down-of-linuxcnc

I didn't seek out the original issues, I thought I was good to go after re-configuring the homing switches.

What's a good small format PC that I can currently buy new and is known to work reliably with linuxcnc?

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds