Just Getting Started Have Servos Need Direction

More
22 Jul 2019 20:21 #140241 by tommylight
Some HP AMD's were quite good some 7 or 8 years ago.
5750 was the model, i think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2019 02:04 #140258 by JuniorC
The laptop is a Toshiba C55Dt-A5305 and the desktop has an Asus motherboard. Not sure what model. I built it adout 15 years ago. I'll do a latency-test and see which one performs the best. I didn't know if made a difference on the brand of processor.

Thanks for the reply.

More
23 Jul 2019 08:40 #140276 by tommylight
It does a mater a bit, as some manufacturers do not comply to electronic standards ( looking at you, AMD ), and some have way to many power saving options that may or may not work ( NVIDIA ), some have made some terrible design decisions ( intel hyperthreading ), and so on.
The computer industry has stagnated to a screeching halt!
All those "briliant" ideas come to bite us as users of said computers, in many, many ways.

More
23 Jul 2019 17:20 #140319 by JuniorC
I'll power the computers up and see what types of power managemens they have (NVIDIA or not). Do you mind if I ask what PC you're using?

Thanks again.

More
23 Jul 2019 17:55 #140331 by tommylight

Do you mind if I ask what PC you're using?

Thanks again.

Which one ??? :)
I have 5 laptops here at arms reach and a 8 core xeon workstation, another one mining with 2 nvidia cards above my head, behind me two more PC's with 3 x 24" monitors, another laptop and two more 24" monitors near my bed and a 32" monitor connected to a Lenovo x220 laptop used to watch batlebots and other stuff in my bedroom. Also another 5 or 6 PC's and 2 or 3 laptops all over the workshop not in use. 4 more miners with nearly 30 Nvidia and AMD cards.
This is why i usually end up with no money at all, quite often!

More
23 Jul 2019 21:13 #140357 by JuniorC
You have quite the selection. My garage projects is about as bad. LOL. My wife just shakes her head when she comes out to the shop.
Is there anyone of your fine collection of computer that you prefer?
Is there any major benefits in using a mesa 7i92m instead of a mesa 5i25 or 6i25?

More
23 Jul 2019 23:33 #140366 by tommylight

You have quite the selection. My garage projects is about as bad. LOL. My wife just shakes her head when she comes out to the shop.
Is there anyone of your fine collection of computer that you prefer?
Is there any major benefits in using a mesa 7i92m instead of a mesa 5i25 or 6i25?

Not really, i use two or 3 of them at the same time in the shop, carry rarely one of the laptops, but no preferences.
I do most of the testing with 7i92, have a 6i25 constantly on not doing much, the rest as needed.
I prefer 7i92 due to ethernet connection so i can test on laptops and carry it home from time to time.

More
24 Jul 2019 00:40 #140372 by JuniorC
Thanks again for your time.

I see you have a kuka in the shop. We have several on some automated machine where I work. The are smaller. Do you work on them and if so how do you like?

More
24 Jul 2019 01:16 #140377 by tommylight

Thanks again for your time.

I see you have a kuka in the shop. We have several on some automated machine where I work. The are smaller. Do you work on them and if so how do you like?

You are welcomed.
It is not in my shop, i chose it for a client, installed, made a lot of wiring, added the MIG welder and wired it to be controled from the robot, made hardware modifications to have it work stand alone ( usually they are controlled externally by a central computer, so they do not work alone), programed it. He used it for several years and soll it a month ago.
I do like them a lot.

More
21 Oct 2019 19:15 #148485 by JuniorC
Just got a computer given to me. It was an Asus M2N-MX-SE-PLUS motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz, and 2 GB of RAM. I know this computer is approximately 13 years old. Am I wasting time with this unit?

Thanks,
JuniorC

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds