CNC Sewing machine question

More
16 Jan 2020 16:54 #155028 by andypugh
In PID mode you would need to have the slave run in velocity mode too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2020 09:03 - 17 Jan 2020 13:59 #155050 by ahmetbm
Replied by ahmetbm on topic CNC Sewing machine question
I am having trouble with connecting general mechatronics axis dac, can anybody help me by giving instructions?

When i plug gm axis dac, linuxcnc enters estop mode and can not lift up estop button from axis gui, why this may happen?
Last edit: 17 Jan 2020 13:59 by ahmetbm.

More
19 Jan 2020 19:27 #155175 by andypugh
This sounds like you might have a wiring fault that is pulling down one of your control voltages.

I have never used General Mechatronics, so this is speculation.

What are you trying to control with the DAC?

More
20 Jan 2020 14:55 #155258 by ahmetbm

This sounds like you might have a wiring fault that is pulling down one of your control voltages.

I have never used General Mechatronics, so this is speculation.

What are you trying to control with the DAC?

I want to run motor in velocity control mode, So i was thinking the gm axis dac may help.

More
20 Jan 2020 19:59 #155270 by andypugh
An alternative would be to configure the stepgen in to velocity mode.
(So that the command value is a step rate, not a position)

More
21 Jan 2020 07:24 #155298 by ahmetbm

I was trying that, however when i made the connections and power on the machine, the velocity control mode motors starts to spinning immediately. I connected the "dac serial line +" to driver's reference input. What is wrong, i am confused?

More
21 Jan 2020 11:05 #155308 by andypugh

I was trying that, however when i made the connections and power on the machine, the velocity control mode motors starts to spinning immediately. I connected the "dac serial line +" to driver's reference input. What is wrong, i am confused?

Is this two questions or one?

Did you change the stepgens to velocity mode? When you did that, what did you connect the velocity command pin to in the HAL?
To use velocity mode to slave the motors you need to add a position PID component to the HAL, so the master motor position is the command input, the slave motor position is the feedback and the slave motor velocity is connected to the PID output. Then the PID would need to be tuned.
Do you know how PID works?

I am puzzled about why a DAC would have a serial line.

More
21 Jan 2020 12:55 - 21 Jan 2020 12:55 #155315 by ahmetbm

Is this two questions or one?

Did you change the stepgens to velocity mode? When you did that, what did you connect the velocity command pin to in the HAL?
To use velocity mode to slave the motors you need to add a position PID component to the HAL, so the master motor position is the command input, the slave motor position is the feedback and the slave motor velocity is connected to the PID output. Then the PID would need to be tuned.
Do you know how PID works?

I am puzzled about why a DAC would have a serial line.

Let me clear. I have two modules that i attached the images of manual. I am cunfused which one should i use. At the begining i used Axis DAC module but the machine entered estop and did not come out until i unplug AxisDAC. Then i tried Axis Differential Line driver(breakout). This time the velocity control motors starts to spinning immediately when i power on machine.

Which of these modules can be used? In hal which pins should i use?
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2020 12:55 by ahmetbm.

More
26 Jan 2020 19:54 #155840 by andypugh
I have never used GM hardware, but I would expect that some reconfiguraiton would be needed when switching from step to DAC

It is generally useful to start LinuxCNC from the command line to see if any useful error reports are generated,

More
07 Feb 2020 12:37 - 07 Feb 2020 14:15 #156695 by ahmetbm

I have never used GM hardware, but I would expect that some reconfiguraiton would be needed when switching from step to DAC

It is generally useful to start LinuxCNC from the command line to see if any useful error reports are generated,

As your advice, i made my connections and started linuxcnc from terminal, but it enters estop immediately and won't come out.
I attached ini, hal, terminal output and linuxcnc status, i can not figure out what is wrong? In the image there are warnings when i press f1 multiple times, saying "task: main loop took ......... seconds"
I appreciate any help.

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc_status.txt
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc_terminal.txt
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 4-axis-ste...2-07.hal
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 4-axis-ste...2-07.ini
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Feb 2020 14:15 by ahmetbm.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds