2 seperate MPG handwheels for each axis - CNC Lathe build

More
17 May 2020 15:35 #168073 by Clive S

@Clive S: Thanks for that! I will need that later for sure, but i saw that you used a fixed value for the scale for each axis and you are not able to change it in the GUI, correct?

Yes I did that for a guy that did not want a switch but he know how to change it in the custom hal file.

It is better to keep all this sort of code in a separate hal file call it say mpg.hal the add that to the ini file under HAL

On my mill I have a 6 position switch for the increments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2020 15:51 #168074 by denhen89
Yes, it looks really clean as you did it and i will try to make it as clean as possible too later.
I will make a seperate mpg.hal, but how do i load it. Do i have to add something to the original machine .hal ?
Thanks in advance :)

More
17 May 2020 17:27 #168077 by Clive S

Yes, it looks really clean as you did it and i will try to make it as clean as possible too later.
I will make a seperate mpg.hal, but how do i load it. Do i have to add something to the original machine .hal ?
Thanks in advance :)

Say you call your new hal file mpg.hal then you have to reference that file in the ini file under the HAL section by adding another line HAL= mpg.hal

More
17 May 2020 17:56 #168079 by denhen89
Perfect. Thank you Clive!

More
17 May 2020 21:59 #168092 by rodw
Great work, Just be aware that there is the ilowpass component to smooth out the movement if it becomes notchy when you get it on your real hardware. I tried once to use it and had something wrong so one click moved the axis 1 mtere which resulted in a rather spectacular crash at 20 metres/min

More
18 May 2020 10:20 #168135 by denhen89
Oh okay, then the ilowpass component is much more important than i thought.
Good info, thanks for that.
Currently iam trying to get a new MPG as soon as possible and i will make a small plan what buttons and lights i need for the panel.
Even after i lot of problems and loosing motivation, i am waiting to start with the next steps like button wiring and configuration, after i got the mpg to work. It might be that i will manage to get it done by my self, but lets see :)

More
28 May 2020 18:36 #169239 by gerold
Hello Denhen89,
Did you run your machine with the two handwheels? I read the Rodw file from January 2017 # 85279, you have it in use. Is it possible that you can provide me with your Hal and INI and Custom Hal files?
How did you connect the cables to your card. Do you use a 7i76e card?
Many questions, don't see the forest because of the trees. :-)
Greetings from Germany, Siegerland
Gerold

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds