Making 0-10V output work with spindle in HAL

More
26 Oct 2020 21:03 #187341 by sushantkurren
I'm aware that's the case, but I do not know where to then wire the PWM from the breakout board into - there's documentation for everything except that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2020 23:12 #187351 by bevins

I'm aware that's the case, but I do not know where to then wire the PWM from the breakout board into - there's documentation for everything except that

Pin1 looks like the pwm so :Linuxcnc will output to the BOB. You connect 12- 24 volts to the dcin on the BOB then you have your 0-10 volt oput[put to spindle. You will probably need fwd contact into the vfd. If you only need fwd you are good to go. If you need rev then yopu need another output to fire a relay when asking to go reverse then feed that contact into the vfd.

Thats what I would try.

More
26 Oct 2020 23:17 #187354 by PCW

Pretty sure the PWM pin is brought out so that it can be used as a standard 5V output if the spindle analog out is not used

More
27 Oct 2020 08:47 #187395 by Aciera
As PCW suggested. You would leave the green PWM terminal unconnected as this is the 5V Signal coming from the Parallel port.

More
27 Oct 2020 14:00 - 27 Oct 2020 14:06 #187416 by Todd Zuercher
With that breakout board (below) uses the 12-24v combined with the PWM signal on pin 1 (the computer side) to output the 0-10v signal. Don't connect anything to the pin1 output on the breakout board. He was trying to say that in your hal file the PWM output gets connected to the parallel ports pin 1 there. Then the breakout board uses that signal to generate the 0-10v signal. (The pin 1 output on the breakout board is for situations where you are not using the 0-10v signal and want to bring out the output from parallel port pin 1 for other uses.)
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2020 14:06 by Todd Zuercher. Reason: add image
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

More
27 Nov 2020 11:38 #190426 by AlexDoran
Hi there, I am attempting the same thing. Any news on if you got it to work?

I have it wired correctly, the relay engages, I'm just not sure if the HAL settings posted here worked for you?

I'm a total LinuxCNC beginner.

Thanks

More
30 Nov 2020 19:34 #190698 by Todd Zuercher
I can't say if the original poster was successful. But I am successfully using one of the above BOBs to control the VFD(s) on a router. And it was long enough ago that I don't know/remember what if any issues may have been present in his last hal configuration file he posted. However I am hesitant to post my own config files as an example because they are far from a standard router config. I'd suggest starting your own thread, asking specific questions and posting copies of your own configuration files to get the help you need.

More
12 Nov 2023 08:28 #285150 by Gurt
Hello guys,
I face the same problem with the same 5 axis breakout board. I am also a Linuxcnc beginner...
I am able to start and stop the spindle via Linuxcnc, using the relay on the BOB, which is connected to the FWD of the VDF.
A 12V power supply is connected to the BOB, so the board is able to generate the 0-10V for the spindle speed.
in my HAL file, I use the pin1 for the pwm but I am only able to change speed directly on the VDF, not via linuxcnc.
If I measure the 0-10V output, it is stuck at 9.5V. The speed displayed in Linux cnc doesn't change when I click on "+"
If you can check my HAL, there is maybe something wrong... 

File Attachment:

File Name: CNC_V3.hal
File Size:4 KB

If someone could help me, it would be great. Thanks a lot

Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2024 18:08 #295465 by Santirp
Hi. My name is Santi. I am new to linux cnc. I have been looking for information on how to connect the interface card to my VDF drive. I found this post and both my interface card and my VDF are the same ones you are talking about. My first problem is the physical connection of the cables, that is, what physical connections must be made. If you can help me, I will give you more information about what I currently have connected.
Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds