Analog servo drive enable

More
18 Mar 2021 19:40 - 18 Mar 2021 19:44 #202757 by Hamel2020
Hi …
As usual headache because of analog servo drive…!!! , As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have ORMEC servo drive, I was able to tested by the manufacturer software. I notes that the servo need TWO enabling commands hardware enable and software enable …
1. The Hardware enable as you see I did the wiring from PSU +24 and I was able to control it [I’m not convinced to connect it in that
way ask for advice]
2. The second one??!! The software enable??? I do not know how to get it …
I did the hall as attached.. But it doesn’t works …
3. For the servo drive wiring , also I have the fault reset pins 13,14 and 24 ? i have to connect them to which hal pins ?

Anyone have an analog servo drive, could advise …

Hamel
Last edit: 18 Mar 2021 19:44 by Hamel2020. Reason: add more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2021 21:44 #202770 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Analog servo drive enable
1) Looks good

2) The wiring for the drive enable is correct. Not sure what you are asking for the software enable? The hal file looks correct. When you enable motion on the machine (F2, or power button at the top of Axis gui, if thats what you are using). Mine looks like this:

net x-enable <= joint.0.amp-enable-out
net x-enable => hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.1.analogena

Double check the pin names in halmeter to see whats available and if you have them named properly. Yours will be different then mine.

3) For fault indication you need pin 13 on the drive to go to +24v and pin 12 to go to an input on the card. LCNC will be looking for a high signal for a fault so you will also need to invert the pin with a -not at the end of the input. Once again check halmeter to see what pins are available. Mine looks like this to trigger a fault:

# ---Servo Alarm Inputs
net X-Servo-Alarm joint.0.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-05-not
net Y-Servo-Alarm joint.1.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-06-not
net Z-Servo-Alarm joint.2.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-07-not

As for resetting the fault there are a lot of ways you can do this. If you have your estop button wired to disable the contactors powering the drives then depressing the estop button will reset your drive faults. In a fault situation motion will already be stopped so you are just using the estop to power cycle the drives and clear all faults.

If you don't have contactors running the drives (you really should) then you could just wire a simple push button switch outside the cabinet that goes from +24v to drive pin 24. Depress the button to clear the fault.

There are a lot of other complicated ways of dealing with the reset. The power cycle with estop is the correct way since it means you will also have the servo drives wired correctly.

More
18 Mar 2021 22:55 #202780 by Hamel2020
Replied by Hamel2020 on topic Analog servo drive enable
Hello Micheal ...

Thank you for reply ... YES ... finally I was able to make the servo move .... but I got joint following error ... and there is a sound in servo drive , I think I have to start my journey with PID ,
Actually I was able to tune the servo motor through the servo manufacturer software... but now when I connect it to mesa get stuck and only shake .. I tried to input the PID figures through ini that was P=1337, I=536,D =0 (which I got from the manufacturer software)
but still the same issue .

More
19 Mar 2021 00:45 - 19 Mar 2021 00:46 #202789 by Michael
That's great. Yes you will need to tune the drives first then Linuxcnc. When you say the software gives you values, is this an autotune process?

Most likely the numbers are for the PID loop in the drive themselves. You will need to tune linux after you have the drives tuned. The drives will control the speed and torque loops. Linuxcnc will control the position loop.
There is a good amount of information on this post:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...o-tuning-pid-and-ffn

Just make sure you tune the drives first!
Last edit: 19 Mar 2021 00:46 by Michael.

More
19 Mar 2021 01:00 #202794 by Hamel2020
- Yes .. I got the PID figures for the autotune process
- I set the servo drive in velocity mode .
- I will follow the links ... thanks a lot ..

More
19 Mar 2021 01:03 #202795 by Hamel2020
The problem is the motor keep moving slowly and never stop until I disable the drive

More
19 Mar 2021 01:44 #202801 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Analog servo drive enable
If the motor move slowly by itself when enabled, that suggests that the PID
loop is not closed.Does LinuxCNC's DRO read correctly?

More
19 Mar 2021 02:02 #202802 by Hamel2020
Hi Peter ...

YES .. the DRO read correctly
Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2021 04:30 #202805 by Michael
I think what he is referring to is the dro counts positive value in the positive direction. Does the motor also spin in the correct direction?

After you have the drives auto tuned they should be relatively stable with a low P value in Linuxcnc ini file. All other values in the linuxcnc ini file for axis tuning should be 0, at least until you get started.

More
19 Mar 2021 16:48 #202858 by Hamel2020
Well .. as you seen in the screen attachments ..

when :
motor CW : => X + direction
motor CCW : => X - direction

also attach the ini file
the motor keep moving even not enabled , once i enable it get very fast short rotate and then get joint 0 following error ..
So I do not know what is the problem ...and as PCW said may be the loop not complete ... but I don't know how to verify .... I think the encoder feed back is correct ...
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds