Why there is this error

More
04 Jun 2023 07:53 #272866 by Ondrej
Replied by Ondrej on topic Why there is this error
Yes, here are HAL, INI, custom_postgui.HAL, macro with tool-change (here I made just small changes) and G-code Iam running. Note, on the guide there is written that there should be deleted all G43 commands, when I eliminate them, I get error in opening that. It writes : Bad character '\314' used, I was not able to figure out what it means.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2023 13:20 #272879 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic Why there is this error
Try adding a line ending after the last line in the custom_postgui.hal. All of the other lines end with CRLF but the last line has no line ending character. In Linux these would normally be LF (linux). Yours are CRLF (Windows) but it doens't seem to be complaining about that.

More
10 Jun 2023 18:26 #273280 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Why there is this error
Did this help? Or des the problem still exist?

More
11 Jun 2023 20:17 - 11 Jun 2023 20:24 #273349 by Ondrej
Replied by Ondrej on topic Why there is this error
No it didnt help, its probably because I transfered the files with USB to my windows PC from where I uploaded them here. I will try once put them from original PC with testing setup.

(I also added and tried the milling program with added line to postgui, it didnt work) <-- I thought its about adding a line, actually I have to first find out what CRLF and LF means, I searched something but cannt figure out how do I know if its CRLF or LF. If the file was saved in Geany with mode: LF, then Iam expecting its LF?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jun 2023 20:24 by Ondrej.

More
11 Jun 2023 20:33 #273350 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Why there is this error
Symlinks can not be copied to USB drives, unless the USB is formatted as EXT4 filesystem.
To copy config folders containing symlinks to USB, compress them first and copy the archive to USB.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds