Error: Program Exceeds Machine Maximum, but gcode looks fine

More
05 Jun 2023 22:49 #272982 by re_relentlessly
So I tested it, 
 G0 G53 Z0

Results in the Z axis moving up away from the table all the way. The z axis ends up in the fully up position.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2023 23:05 #272983 by MaHa
Sorry for the confusion. At least its clear now about Z machine zero. Another thing, if z retracts to G54 zero, and then cancel toollength (G49). You need a distance to machine zero of at least toollength. Just for testing, i would comment out G49 and try to load the file.

More
05 Jun 2023 23:24 #272984 by tommylight
From your INI file:
[AXIS_Z]
MAX_VELOCITY = 31.25
MAX_ACCELERATION = 1000.0
MIN_LIMIT = -0.01
MAX_LIMIT = 200.0

That is not correct, it has to be as MaHa said, max 0 or 1 and -200
Most probably you have the direction reversed, so you will have to check homing besides direction.
Page down = Z axis downwards
page up = Z axis upwards

More
05 Jun 2023 23:51 #272985 by re_relentlessly
interesting results
g0 g54 z0

results in the z axis moving all the way down (closest to table)
g49
g0 g54 z0
results in an error 

Also you can see in the screen shots that g49 results in no z offset of the gizmo
while g43, results in a gizmo offset equal to the tool length offset
g49
load gcode
run program
results in the same error about exceed both z min and z max
Attachments:

More
06 Jun 2023 00:20 #272988 by re_relentlessly
@tommylight

interesting, I will endevour to correct the ini and associate settings, but before I do, you said PAGE UP should move z axis up, and PAGE DOWN should move z axis down. Well that is exactly what happens when using those 2 keyboard keys. So I am a little warry of flipping the axis and having them reversed.

More
06 Jun 2023 00:25 #272989 by tommylight
OK, makes it easier, so just change the min and max values, twice, for Axis and for Joint

More
06 Jun 2023 00:35 #272991 by re_relentlessly
I apologize for the confusion, the wrong ini and hal files got uploaded (old versions)
I am attaching the correct current versions

Attachments:

More
06 Jun 2023 00:50 #272993 by tommylight
You have -105 for min Z, yet you are requesting it to go to -133 in gcode.
The accelerations are to high for a mill, OK for a lite gantry plasma.
Set max Z to 1 or 2 to avoid errors if the axis goes a smidge above that due to min-f-error being 1mm.
Why do you have home at 25 or 8 and home offset at 25 and 8?
Home should be 0 almost always, home offset should be 2 to 3mm just to back off of the home switches.

More
06 Jun 2023 00:56 #272994 by re_relentlessly
see that is the odd thing that I dont understand, it shouldnt be going to z -133, in the first screen shot i posted it only needs z -79. I am just all confused.
This is a cnc router with double y (a clone of the indymill  url=https://indystry.cc/indymill/]IndyMill – DIY Open Source Metal CNC Machine – Indystry.cc[/url). and it seems to handle the acceleration values without issue.

I have separate home and limit switches so they are physically offset from each other, hence the offsets. I use the limit switches only to prevent travel past the axis limits (they basically should never trigger, the software limits should catch it before the axis ever gets there) and then home switch for homing.

More
07 Jun 2023 20:38 #273110 by re_relentlessly
Ok, so my limit switches and home switches might be configured oddly, and my accelerations may be high, but this still doesnt help me understand my original issue with the linuxcnc gcode preview not showing any out of bounds moves, but it still complaining about z axis limits being exceeded.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds