Issue on boot

More
15 Apr 2024 14:59 #298289 by cncsparko
Replied by cncsparko on topic Issue on boot
Managed to sort it guys, 
striped mesa card out, cleaned everything and rebuilt it.
runs a treat..... basic issue I know but still different to what I normally run.

on a side note, 
Is there any courses, channels or places to learn linuxcnc or is it mostly a mix of forum lurking, youtube, self taught, and bumble-f**kery?

thanks for the help
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2024 15:39 #298296 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Issue on boot
Oh, you're watching Dave (AWE) on youtube? :)
There are a lot of channels on youtube, the feral engineer, rotary smp, talla, andy pugh, and many more that i can not recall (been up till 6:38AM, need sleep badly) that do a great job of explaining stuff and are a joy to watch/listen to. Some have nice playlists, especially one that has beginners stuff has a nice detailed list but again i do not recall the nic/name, sorry.
On the other side, there are plenty that are not great at explaining stuff, but do deserve the respect as they do try hard, pretty sure i am still in this category...
The following user(s) said Thank You: cncsparko

More
15 Apr 2024 23:58 #298318 by cornholio
Replied by cornholio on topic Issue on boot
Messing around with Linuxcnc seems to be the best way to learn. I'm not great at explaining stuff and also can be a bit short as well.

One of the best things is to actually read the debug & error messages when Linuxcnc spits the dummy, if you take the time the error sticks out like a sore thumb. I think all the info looks confusing and causes people not to actually read it.

Another thing as well people tend to blame "Linuxcnc" as being the culprit when actually it's a issue with computer hardware, power supplies and other such things. It's not always a software issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds