5i25 - 7i76 support testers wanted

More
05 May 2012 20:07 - 05 May 2012 20:15 #19853 by gmouer
Hi Chris,

Yes, something wierd going on with your changes. I don't think they are getting on the buildbot. I updated again today, It is showing 2.5.0-pre2-626-g402b6cd on the top of my screen and the EMC splash screen when I start EMC. That is the build I was running under today when I did my testing and make the error reports. Hopefully that is the current release. Question is.................. why are your fixes not included??????

George
Last edit: 05 May 2012 20:15 by gmouer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2012 20:12 - 05 May 2012 20:15 #19854 by gmouer
On using MPG's for spindle and feed override, with only one encoder input on the 7i76 board........

Yes, I am cheating a bit there.......... I ordered one of those usb game controllers and plan on using its guts to interface a couple of pots for speed and spindle override. I will not be doing those functions through the mesa board but let pncconf do the legwork of making some hal entries for me to later modify. I already interfaced a contour shuttleXpress for jogging via usb and will use the same methods for the gamepad. I will be using the sim-encoder function to use the game controller analog output for my overrides (same method as shuttleXpress was interfaced)

Thanks
George
Last edit: 05 May 2012 20:15 by gmouer.

More
05 May 2012 20:28 #19855 by cmorley
I checked buildbot - that number you quoted was last updated jan 18th
there is a newer version being built but i'm not sure why it's not the one you get.

look here you can see the lucid 2.5 reltime versions being built:
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/v2.5_branch-rt/source/

More
05 May 2012 20:33 - 05 May 2012 20:35 #19856 by gmouer
cmorley wrote:

I checked buildbot - that number you quoted was last updated jan 18th
there is a newer version being built but i'm not sure why it's not the one you get.

look here you can see the lucid 2.5 reltime versions being built:
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/v2.5_branch-rt/source/

Hmmmm this is all new to me SO I might be out in left field but

There are different buildbot url links for different versions of ubuntu I see. I have been using the Lucid realtime url link which I believe is correct for my version that installed with the livecd, that is 10.04 LTS

Are your fixes perhaps in a different download url on the buildbot for a different ubuntu version?? Hardy perhaps?
Also I am getting the deb file, the compiled version, not the source.

Something very strange..... I use the link from the buildbot page and just updated today.
Last edit: 05 May 2012 20:35 by gmouer.

More
05 May 2012 20:38 #19857 by cmorley
no my fixes go into the linuxcnc repository - builbot uses those to make the different versions.
I just used synaptics pakage manager to add the buildbot and it quotes the newest version.

open synaptics and search for linuxcnc and see what it says...

More
05 May 2012 20:43 - 05 May 2012 20:47 #19858 by gmouer
cmorley wrote:

no my fixes go into the linuxcnc repository - builbot uses those to make the different versions.
I just used synaptics pakage manager to add the buildbot and it quotes the newest version.

open synaptics and search for linuxcnc and see what it says...

Oh boy, you forgot I am new to all this.... I have no idea what synaptics is or how to use it. Still, why does the buildbot spit the older version when I follow the directions on he buildbot page exactly? Sounds like something is not right with the buildbot and the file it is grabbing.

I am going to try another upgrade just for kicks, just in case they must be updated progressively.

EDIT Nope I did a "subo apt-get install EMC2" as it instructs on the buildbot page and when it executes it informs "EMC2 is already the newest version"
something is up with the way the buildbot is serving out the updates
Last edit: 05 May 2012 20:47 by gmouer.

More
05 May 2012 20:46 #19859 by cmorley
Sorry :)

at the top left of the window find 9dropdown menu): System / Administration you'll find synaptics package manager

More
05 May 2012 20:53 #19860 by gmouer
cmorley wrote:

Sorry :)

at the top left of the window find 9dropdown menu): System / Administration you'll find synaptics package manager

You are a good teacher!

synnaptic reports I am at version 1.2.5.0.33.ga7c24b0

Now it get really wierd, that is the current version, right???? Where are your changes then?

More
05 May 2012 20:58 #19861 by cmorley
was the little boxes by it green or with a grey x?
should be green or else you need to install it yet.

how are you starting linuxcnc and pncconf? from the application dropdown menu? is there two entries for each of these?
What I'm getting at is do you have buildbot and the livecd version both on the system? I'm not sure if that is possible but can't hurt to check.

More
05 May 2012 21:04 #19862 by gmouer
Think I am on to the problem. synaptic shows two colums, the latest version and the installed version. It appears I had the latest version BUT it had not installed for some strange reason.
I think I managed to get it to install, will know soon.

Not sure why the buildbot and such did not install it, but oh well.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds