Test LinuxCNC without motors and encoders connected

More
19 Jun 2019 21:09 - 19 Jun 2019 21:38 #137310 by HueyHQ
Sorry Peter, I had that error initially, also, but can't remember what caused it; I'll have a look today and see if I can figure what it is was.

[EDIT:] Try adding remap.py to your /python folder (knew I'd forget something!). I've edited my other post , so it's all in one place.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2019 21:38 by HueyHQ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2019 21:58 #137311 by Peterdeleu
No problem :)

It is my intention to read the manual as Bevins suggested.
But there's a lot to read, and try and error takes time!
I just spend 2 hours just to enable an external estop :)

More
19 Jun 2019 23:27 - 20 Jun 2019 00:32 #137315 by bevins
It's looking for a remap. Your toplevel is probably importing remap and it doesn't exist.

Look at this structure.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2019 00:32 by bevins.

More
20 Jun 2019 00:21 #137318 by Peterdeleu
I'll test this tomorrow, if I find some time anyway :)

But I have another question. I don't have much experience, so my question can be stupid. But anyway :)

My machine is a Biesse Rover. This machine has retractable stops to align the material. The stops I want to use is on the left and at the rear.
But now I see that LinuxCNC has a different WCS system.
Maybe I don't use the right words, but I mean that I'm not able to set the correct WCS in Fusion 360 (and linuxcnc) . If I align the material to the rear left corner, this means that the +Y-axis direction should point to the front of the machine.
The +X-direction to the right, and the +Z-axis upwards.

Can I solve this?
I hope my explanation is clear :)

More
20 Jun 2019 00:28 #137321 by bevins
Your machine homes back left probably. Most Biesse does.

In Fusion360 you have to change your WCS to match when you do your cam.

More
20 Jun 2019 00:36 #137322 by Peterdeleu
Indeed, home is left back.
I've spend hours to find a solution, but it looks like the WCS is fixed. The only thing that you can do is change the origin and turn it around. Changing the direction of only 1 axis is impossible.
In the screen capture included in this message is the origin correct, also the X and Z axis, but I want to point the Y to the other site.
If I do so, the X turns the other way...
Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2019 00:50 #137323 by HueyHQ
My Busellato is similar.

I've re-configured my machine axes so that Y-axis runs from the back stops (home) and negative towards the front (originally, that was positive direction like yours). Also did the same for the Z-axis for best CAM-compatibility, but it sounds like the Biesse is opposite?

I don't use Fusion360 (yet) so can't help set your WCS, but in the package I use, the WCS is in the top-left corner and I model in the X+/Y- quadrant.

More
20 Jun 2019 01:00 - 20 Jun 2019 01:02 #137326 by bevins
That looks wrong to me. Facing my biesse, left to right X asix back to front Y axis. My machine homes back left.

I just tried fusion360 and I can get it correctly. You should be able to also. I dont like how fusion360 does their WCS as it is a bit tough to get it right.

Wait...... if your Y is pointing to the back of the machine then I think that is correct.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2019 01:02 by bevins.

More
20 Jun 2019 01:10 #137329 by Peterdeleu
In fusion, my Y is pointing backwards yes, but is this correct? Shouldn’t it point forwards? This is the + directiion of the biesse.

More
20 Jun 2019 01:29 #137332 by bevins

In fusion, my Y is pointing backwards yes, but is this correct? Shouldn’t it point forwards? This is the + directiion of the biesse.

Thats correct.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds