conversational input

More
11 Nov 2011 12:57 #14766 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:conversational input
Do you have tabs for all of the subs in the gz or are some just subroutines? I'm setting up a sim to try them out.

Can you post your ngcgui section of your ini file?

Thanks for sharing.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2011 18:06 #14773 by dgarrett
Replied by dgarrett on topic Re:conversational input
Nice work!

Some notes:

1) With emc 2.4 (and later) you could use the built-in numbered parameter #5400 for the tool number and eliminate maintaining the global #<_Tool:Number>

2) The tool changing subroutine seems to be duplicated in several files. For emc2.5, you could have one changetool.ngc subroutine in a directory specified by the inifile path list:
[RS274NGC]SUBROUTINE_PATH

To prevent ngcgui confusing this type of "utility" subroutine with ngcgui-compatible subroutine, mark it with the special comment:
(not_a_subfile)

Example:
$ cat changetool.ngc
(not_a_subfile)
o<changetool> sub
#<ToolNumber>=#1
#<Coolant>=#2
O120 if [#5400 NE #<ToolNumber>]
... etc
O120 endif
o<changetool> endsub

3) The use of numbered parameters above #5000 might run into problems with emc built-in assignments in the future. Numbered parameters below #5000 are probably a better choice. More generally, local, named parameters offer less chance of conflict and are more readable too.

4) The use of global named parameters as inputs to ngcgui is deprecated and could become incompatible in the future. It is ok (and often necessary) to use global named parameters to return subroutine results. The only instances i noted are in start.ngc:

#<_Max:RPM> = #2 (=1400 Max Spindle RPM)
#<_Tool:Number> = #3 (=1 Tool Number)

could be remedied simply as:

#<maxrpm> = #2 (=1400 Max Spindle RPM)
#<tno> = #3 (=1 Tool Number)
#<_Max:RPM> = #<maxprm>
#<_Tool:Number> = #<tno>

More
11 Nov 2011 19:11 #14774 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:conversational input
Dewey,

Thanks for the information. I love ngcgui, it is a real time saver on my lathe and plasma.

John

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds