GUI Discussion

More
06 Jan 2012 13:15 #16377 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:GUI Discussion
Hi Chris,

I installed the dependencies again, I think I had them already. I get the same error as before and as Rick is getting. I'm running Axis 2.4.6 sim, do I need to be running a 2.5 version of Axis? I can do that out in the shop as I have two machines with 2.5 installed versions and both have working Gladevcp panels. I'll try that in a bit...

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 14:26 #16378 by BigJohnT
Hi Chris,

It works on my installed 2.5. I did make the mistake of trying to load it while my BP config with GladeVCP panel was running and it didn't like that at all :)

Seems the DRO section wastes some space that the back plot could use. Also the checkboxes are a PIA for me to use and radio buttons would be better if they are available for coolant on/off. I like the status bar on top too.

Additional things that are important for me to see are:
current coordinate system
offsets for G92 and coordinate system
current tool and tool offsets

Pretty darn neat!

I don't understand the link to axis at this point, but I'm sure I will in due time.

Thanks
John

More
07 Jan 2012 02:49 #16395 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:GUI Discussion
Hi John

Thanks for trying it.

Yes the DRO uses a lot of space. but for me, I like the look.
I am not sure how much you played with it - some things are hidden at the moment:
If you double click the back plot it will hide/show the status screen giving more room for the backplot.
Also of course if you have a second screen the backplot can be full screen on the second monitor.

The check buttons are just to show status of the coolant - you turn them on and off with the bottom 'soft' keys
You might not have been in the right mode. (mode 1 -again double click the mode button)
In fact i will change them to LEDs when I have the HAL part finished.

current coordinate system is shown in the top right.
Offsets for G92 and current tool are to be added - just not done yet.
But when is that needed at manual and MDI mode or do you like to check in auto mode too?

The link to AXIS is required because Gscreen is not complete enough - it help with testing.

I have since remember that Pavel gave me a link to a GUI he was working on that completely used gladeVCP.
So now I can see why some objects ( like MDI ) don't work outside of gladeVCP without some added code to Gscreen.

Doing a screen outside of gladeVCP allows more flexibility.

I need to buy a touch screen. Any recommendations from Ebay?
How big would most people use?

More
07 Jan 2012 02:50 #16396 by cmorley
Rick

It seems EMC 2.5 is required.

More
07 Jan 2012 10:19 #16402 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:GUI Discussion
i'm using a 23" acer T230H from Ebay
uses usb for the touch input
installed multitouch driver with a change in the support screen types listing , to get it to work , but no big deal to do
and works fine

More
07 Jan 2012 14:00 #16410 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:GUI Discussion
cmorley wrote:

I need to buy a touch screen. Any recommendations from Ebay?
How big would most people use?

I have a 17" one, and I don't think I would want to go any bigger

More
07 Jan 2012 15:06 #16413 by BigJohnT
cmorley wrote:

Yes the DRO uses a lot of space. but for me, I like the look.
I am not sure how much you played with it - some things are hidden at the moment:
If you double click the back plot it will hide/show the status screen giving more room for the backplot.
Also of course if you have a second screen the backplot can be full screen on the second monitor.

The check buttons are just to show status of the coolant - you turn them on and off with the bottom 'soft' keys
You might not have been in the right mode. (mode 1 -again double click the mode button)
In fact i will change them to LEDs when I have the HAL part finished.

current coordinate system is shown in the top right.
Offsets for G92 and current tool are to be added - just not done yet.
But when is that needed at manual and MDI mode or do you like to check in auto mode too?

I didn't double click on anything lol... double clicking on the mode button didn't catch my eye that it changed modes until I watched it closely.

I look at offsets when doing tool offsets and fixture offsets mainly so manual for me.

So instead of check buttons an led for coolant. Don't know if many people use both mist and flood on a machine... for me it is one or the other so coolant on/off works.

John

More
07 Jan 2012 18:44 #16419 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:GUI Discussion
Hell Chris,

Yep did not want to work on 2.4.

On my office computer now on 2.6 with dual monitors it seems to work fine, I put Axis on one screen and moved the other GUI to the other, the idea of an easy to customize screen is pretty cool.
It looks like the coolant and mist buttons are reversed with their indicators, no big deal.

Perhaps a small screen such as seen on Ebay...
2012 Lilliput EBY701-NP/C/T Touch Screen Monitor w/ Auto Switch Car PC Carputer
could be used as a custom pendant for large machines where you are not close to the main monitor. I believe some of these are usb powered and have only one cord.

Rick G

More
08 Jan 2012 10:33 #16433 by cmorley
Here is a version with much more functionality.
Still just for testing concepts.

Here is a pic of Gscreen in Redmond theme a little more mainnstream.

File Attachment:

File Name: screen_test2.zip
File Size:22 KB
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2012 15:18 #16441 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:GUI Discussion
Hello Chris,

I will try that later today, what do you think of the idea of a small hand held touch screen monitor?

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds