need help on setup of qtvcp

More
26 May 2019 06:26 #134977 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic need help on setup of qtvcp
linuxcnc@linuxcnc99:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qtvcp/designer/x86_64$ ll /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/designer/libpyqt5_py2.so
-rw-rw-r-- 1 linuxcnc linuxcnc 31648 Jul  8  2018 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/designer/libpyqt5_py2.so

This says you have libpyqt5_py2.so in the right place but it doesn't tell me what version (they are all named the same)
I has to be the same version of QT on the system, which I believe for you is 5.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2019 06:31 #134978 by Reinhard
When you compare the sizes (and timestamp) you see the match

I see he sets the path for the library with:
export PYQTDESIGNERPATH='/path/to/plugin/directory/'

I tried that like this
export PYQTDESIGNERPATH='/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qtvcp/plugins'
... and designer crashes again

More
26 May 2019 06:44 #134981 by cmorley
you could go to the qtvcp_plugin.py script and comment out:

#from qtvcp.plugins.widgets_plugin import *

#from qtvcp.plugins.dialog_plugin import *

Then you shouldn't need the svg library (you'll be missing lots of widgets)

More
26 May 2019 07:43 #134985 by Reinhard
I tried to follow the tutorial on the fresh virtualbox installation ...
designer starts without linuxcnc widgets, but shows the plugin as loaded (empty).

Konsole logs different errors on startup of designer:
designer -qt=5
Error while reparenting!
Designer: Bei der Erzeugung von Widgets wurden widersprüchliche Klassennamen festgestellt: Die Factory für benutzerdefinierte Widgets der Klasse KDialog gab ein Widget der Klasse QDialog zurück.
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'SelectionBehavior' for property 'QTabBar::selectionBehaviorOnRemove'

Next I gonna try a mint installation ...

More
26 May 2019 12:01 #134994 by Reinhard
while waiting for completion of mint-iso download, I tried the linked tut of Kurt from github.
I could follow the instructions until building of PyQt5, which failed (on a fresh debian install from virtualbox) with
In file included from sippyrcccmodule.cpp:24:0:
sipAPIpyrcc.h:24:0: error: unterminated #ifndef
 #ifndef _pyrccAPI_H

/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:80:6: error: ‘sipTypeDef_pyrcc_RCCResourceLibrary’ was not declared in this scope
     &sipTypeDef_pyrcc_RCCResourceLibrary.ctd_base,
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:140:1: error: ‘sip_qt_metaobject_func’ does not name a type
 sip_qt_metaobject_func sip_pyrcc_qt_metaobject;
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:141:1: error: ‘sip_qt_metacall_func’ does not name a type
 sip_qt_metacall_func sip_pyrcc_qt_metacall;
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:142:1: error: ‘sip_qt_metacast_func’ does not name a type
 sip_qt_metacast_func sip_pyrcc_qt_metacast;
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp: In function ‘void initpyrcc()’:
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:240:80: error: ‘sipExportModule’ was not declared in this scope
     if (sipExportModule(&sipModuleAPI_pyrcc,SIP_API_MAJOR_NR,SIP_API_MINOR_NR,0) < 0)
                                                                                ^
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:246:5: error: ‘sip_pyrcc_qt_metaobject’ was not declared in this scope
     sip_pyrcc_qt_metaobject = (sip_qt_metaobject_func)sipImportSymbol("qtcore_qt_metaobject");
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:246:32: error: ‘sip_qt_metaobject_func’ was not declared in this scope
     sip_pyrcc_qt_metaobject = (sip_qt_metaobject_func)sipImportSymbol("qtcore_qt_metaobject");
                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:247:5: error: ‘sip_pyrcc_qt_metacall’ was not declared in this scope
     sip_pyrcc_qt_metacall = (sip_qt_metacall_func)sipImportSymbol("qtcore_qt_metacall");
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:247:30: error: ‘sip_qt_metacall_func’ was not declared in this scope
     sip_pyrcc_qt_metacall = (sip_qt_metacall_func)sipImportSymbol("qtcore_qt_metacall");
                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:248:5: error: ‘sip_pyrcc_qt_metacast’ was not declared in this scope
     sip_pyrcc_qt_metacast = (sip_qt_metacast_func)sipImportSymbol("qtcore_qt_metacast");
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:248:30: error: ‘sip_qt_metacast_func’ was not declared in this scope
     sip_pyrcc_qt_metacast = (sip_qt_metacast_func)sipImportSymbol("qtcore_qt_metacast");
                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc/sippyrcccmodule.cpp:254:56: error: ‘sipInitModule’ was not declared in this scope
     if (sipInitModule(&sipModuleAPI_pyrcc,sipModuleDict) < 0)
                                                        ^
Makefile:464: die Regel für Ziel „sippyrcccmodule.o“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [sippyrcccmodule.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/usr/local/src/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.1/pyrcc“ wird verlassen
Makefile:748: die Regel für Ziel „sub-pyrcc-make_first-ordered“ scheiterte
make: *** [sub-pyrcc-make_first-ordered] Fehler 2
So I wonder, how you all guys got things working =:O

More
26 May 2019 15:03 #135004 by cmorley
I know compiling it was often a pain - thats why I added the precompiled versions to linuxcnc.

I am sorry you are having so much trouble - I don't know why.
I have this working with debian and mint - but always RIP - I don't see why that matters :(

Unfortunately I am off to work for 2 weeks so can't offer much more help.

Chris M

More
28 May 2019 06:42 #135130 by Reinhard

I have this working with debian and mint - but always RIP - I don't see why that matters

Well, the python development environments (configure.py i.e.) destroys debian security.
When you look at old stuff packages with configure shell scripts, they always use a prefix parameter, which defaults to /usr/local - that way you can compile and test a package without any harm on your productive system (paths to /usr/local have preceedance to /usr and using a separate filesystem at /usr/local allows to switch off any testing stuff with a single reboot)

Therefore I tested installation with a virtualbox, where I saved a snapshot after system installation.
I followed Quick Start Tutorial, which leaded to the already well known situation: designer without linuxcnc widgets and/or crashing designer or crashing linuxcnc

Then I tried Development Install .
I have to confess, that I don't really understand, what are sequential steps and what are alternatives ...
First I thought, that "Installing from Debian package" might be an alternative - but performing this, nothing at all works. No sip, no qtpyvcp, no widgets in designer ...

So I tried the Development Install Instructions after the package installation ...
... and got the same result as before ...

Don't know, what am I doing wrong.

More
28 May 2019 07:56 #135133 by Reinhard
As all different installation variants lead to the same result, I thought: may be it works anyway?
... and stepped over to Getting Started
First steps look promising, but when I try to edit template (editvcp ...), it tells, what the designer already showed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/cncob/.local/bin/editvcp", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('qtpyvcp', 'console_scripts', 'editvcp')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 561, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2631, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2291, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2297, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/usr/local/src/qtpyvcp/qtpyvcp/tools/editvcp.py", line 39, in <module>
    from qtpy.QtWidgets import QApplication, QFileDialog
  File "/home/cncob/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpy/__init__.py", line 208, in <module>
    raise PythonQtError('No Qt bindings could be found')
qtpy.PythonQtError: No Qt bindings could be found
Last line seems the most important one ...

I checked my system: Yes, its a 64bit debian and qt-designer is of version 5.7.1
I gave up the idea to try a mint installation. Download breaks too often and after all - its no system, I want to use ...

I run out of ideas :(

More
28 May 2019 23:55 #135223 by cmorley
This has to be because you are using an installed version - it works fine in multiple computers and systems and people as RIP.

I'm sorry you are having these problems - when i get home i will do an instal version of linuxcnc and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Chris M

More
29 May 2019 15:20 #135277 by Reinhard
Hi Chris,

thanks a lot for your attention and support!
I very appreciate that you take the time for stil answering!

I searched a lot and I came up in reading docs for the qt-designer - but then I had to stop myself. That's nothing I wonna do. So may be qt is not the right tool for me.

I tried a few steps with glade and after building an old gui-builder I already have the linuxcnc controls in the builder. At the moment I don't understand anything, but may be, that path is more appropriate for me.
At least I don't have trouble with the tools there.
And at the moment I don't care for stylish look - just wonna get something to work with ;)

Cheers Reinhard

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds