Various questions about GladeVCP

More
23 Apr 2012 12:51 #19462 by mhaberler
labmaster wrote:

LinuxCNC Version 2.5.0 on Ubuntu 10.04. What do you mean by "master"?

The development version. Note that when looking at the docs, you will find the note
"This documentation refers to LinuxCNC version 2.6.0~pre." at
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/

To install a development (aka "master") version as a package, see buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

- Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2012 13:29 #19463 by labmaster
Ops..., I missed that.

I will take a look at "master" and see if I decide to install it.

More
24 Apr 2012 18:15 - 24 Apr 2012 19:25 #19503 by labmaster
LinuxCNC version 2.6.0 seams to be a really good upgrade for those who using manual tool change and wants powerful tools to measure tool length in the tool changing process.

I have prepared my new GladeVCP panel for this upgrade to version 2.6.0 but I haven't decided whether I should try "master" yet. Anyway I will investigate if I could implement "run from here" in Python using LinuxCNC 2.5.0. The tricky part seams to be to find out how to get current program line when iocontrol.0.tool-change signal True. I have already manage to make an event handler for the signal and also figure out how to poll and get status from the linuxcnc class.

Is there any one out there who can give me an hint on this topic?

By the way, my GladeVCP panel is built up with Notebook containers. How do I select different tab children from Python, lets say from my tool change event handler?

Edit: I have found the current program line from within my event handler. It gives me the line before Tn M6
Last edit: 24 Apr 2012 19:25 by labmaster.

More
24 Apr 2012 21:07 - 24 Apr 2012 21:13 #19507 by labmaster
Hi all!

This is fun, I manage to find how to run from a specific program line and also how to stop the program on a iocontrol.0.tool-change signal event by examine /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.2/gladevcp/hal_actions.py

The only question I have now is how to activate the Tool Notebook child in my GladeVCP panel. Please help me some one.

By the way, next step will be to figure out if the measured tool offset is still activated when I restart the program from the line after Tn M6 and also if the new tool (n) is in use.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2012 21:13 by labmaster.

More
25 Apr 2012 10:17 #19519 by mhaberler
labmaster wrote:

By the way, my GladeVCP panel is built up with Notebook containers. How do I select different tab children from Python, lets say from my tool change event handler?

search for 'raise' in:

git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/emc-mill.git/blob...5ba:/python/panel.py

More
25 Apr 2012 10:28 #19520 by labmaster
Thanks Michael, that is a valuable advice for my project. Lots of nice stuff in that file witch clear many topics I have in my mind.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds