Hal hscale/vscale bug?

More
07 Jun 2019 02:17 #136155 by blazini36
Not sure if it's a bug or bad implementation on my part but it seems like a bug. When using a hal scale if you click the widget area but miss the actual slider the scale will max out. On normal GTK widgets missing the slider will just cause it to increment 1 step value.

I've been running 2.8pre1 from the 7i96 branch for probably like a year. I do not update this machine at all as it's sort of a developement box. So I'm not sure if maybe it's been fixed since.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 02:22 #136156 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Hal hscale/vscale bug?
could you supply a sample glade file that shows the problem

Chris M

More
08 Jun 2019 03:55 #136282 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic Hal hscale/vscale bug?
Chris, I could send it to you directly but the UI it's something that is in development and not really something I'd want to post.

More
08 Jun 2019 08:42 #136287 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Hal hscale/vscale bug?
I can get a behavior as you describe if the gtk adjustment's (related to the scale widget) page increments setting is set too high.

See if that helps - otherwise I will need your glade file - yes you can email me directly.

Chris M

More
08 Jun 2019 15:08 #136297 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic Hal hscale/vscale bug?
I think this is because of the way we're modifying the adjustment range in Python, it may not have anything to do with the fact that they are hal scales. I can see that in Glade if I open the glade file the scale respects the page increments when I click on the scale somewhere other than the handle.

My GUI uses a config window to set a range for the scale adjustments in Python. It must be affecting the page increment as well. I'll have to have my friend look into it since I'm not much for Pyhton.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds