Glade Side bar, trying to use gscreen keybinding

More
20 Mar 2021 11:01 #202962 by Willheg
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can anyone can enlighten me on my new dilemma.

At this stage I have a GladeVCP side bar running almost how I'd like, but the arrow keys do not work and if i run a macro/sub program thought a button in the panel with "M0" command in the macro/program it has issues.

to fix this i have made a loop in my python code which is crude but it waits until the interp is idle before executing the next line of python code.

My issue now is i have to put the mouse cursor back into axis to unpause linuxcnc and continue the normal operations.

I have found from Gscreen keybindings.py and tried to implement this with no success yet. is this because i'm only side baring my glade panel and not making it a full window??

Is there a way to make all the keyboard keys work everywhere with out any issues or do i just need to put up with the quirks?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2021 13:08 #202971 by cmorley
why not add an un-pause button to your glade panel?

This keybinding problem is a difficult issue to workaround as you are using two graphics toolkits that think they are the only one listening to key strokes.

More
20 Mar 2021 14:05 #202983 by Willheg
Thanks for the reply,

My issue with that is that if I did not put in the loop to wait till the interp is idle ment that the python code errered out as it would not wait and carried on executing it once a "M0" was hit.

Now with using a loop to wait until the interp is paused it locks the panel unless I move focus unpause and carry on.

Will have to keep thinking and researching to see if i can work it out, failing that i could maybe attach some files to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks again though.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds