what is hitcounter.py? necessary to call it?

More
15 Feb 2022 16:15 #234947 by dbotos
Trying to get a GladeVCP panel to show up in Axis.  The example code in section 9.3.3.5 of the 2.8.2 documentation has a call for hitcounter.py in addition to the UI file defining the panel, but never really explains its inclusion.

Searching the 2.8.2 documentation for that filename comes up with a semi-meaningful hit on page 135 that calls it "a custom python handler".  If required, what should be in it?

When I try to open up LinuxCNC with the attached config (which does not include a callout of hitcounter.py), I get an error that says:
Warning: Forward kinematics must handle duplicate coordinate letters:yy

and
Embeded tab command "halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x 44040335 -u ./dbotos_laser_2_8_vcp.ui" exited with error: 1

Trying to get the homing thing figured out in another thread , but figured this would be a more appropriate place to ask about the GladeVCP part of the error.

Thanks,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2022 20:45 #234978 by dbotos

More
16 Feb 2022 02:13 #234996 by dbotos
Well, whatever it is, it's important.  I copied the code from github, dropped it into a new text file in my config folder named hitcounter.py, added the callout for it in my INI file, and now LinuxCNC starts up without error and shows the panel. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds